Prof. Dr. Benno Alexander Zuiddam
Benno Alexander Zuiddam D.Th. (Church History) Ph.D. (Greek) studied at four universities in Europe and South Africa. He is research professor (extraordinary associate) with the Faculty of Theology of North West University, Potchefstroom, South Africa. He also serves with Greenwich School of Theology (UK) and the Centre for Patristic Research (Free University Amsterdam/University Tilburg). Prof. Zuiddam has published in a great variety of peer-reviewed journals, including international publications in the fields of Greek and Old Testament Studies. He also authored an in-depth study on the authority of the Scriptures in the early church. His research focuses on divine revelation in early Christian and biblical literature and the Greco-Roman world, but he also takes a professional interest in theological liberalism, particularly in the 19th century. Dr Zuiddam is also an elected fellow of the South African Academy of Science and Arts. His most recent book Hope and Disillusionment, a basic introduction to the history of the Western church, has been described as an “Alpha course for church history” (Reformed Daily).
- Battle for the Bible in the early church
- 2nd Century Church Fathers: God will make lions vegetarian again
- The early church believed Genesis as written
- Does Genesis allow any scientific theory of origin? A response to J.P. Dickson
- Genesis 1 and theories of origin
- Augustine: young earth creationist