Christianity: “a bulwark against something worse”
“There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings. I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death. I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse.”1
- What good is Christianity?
- Atheists credit the gospel: Two high-profile atheists concede that to get practical help to the poor and liberate them from poverty you need Christianity’s teaching about man’s place in the Universe
- Anyone for fundamentalism?
- Unfair to Islam? and Unfair to Islam? Part 2
- Christianity, Islam and science: Was modern science birthed by Islam?
- Genocide, evolution and the Bible: Focus magazine’s answer to the question: “What is the most important book of all time?”
- Richard Dawkins, the ‘Apostle of Atheism’: how can he be answered?
- The Greatest Hoax on Earth? (introduction)
- Gledhill, R., Scandal and schism leave Christians praying for a ‘new Reformation’, thetimes.co.uk, 2 April 2010. Return to text.
The great commission tells us to preach the Gospel to every nation. We might not be able to go there in the flesh but this site can penetrate every country on the globe. Help the world find 'creation'. Support this site