Christianity: “a bulwark against something worse”
“There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings. I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death. I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse.” 1
- What good is Christianity?
- Atheists credit the gospel: Two high-profile atheists concede that to get practical help to the poor and liberate them from poverty you need Christianity’s teaching about man’s place in the Universe
- Anyone for fundamentalism?
- Unfair to Islam? and Unfair to Islam? Part 2
- Christianity, Islam and science: Was modern science birthed by Islam?
- Genocide, evolution and the Bible: Focus magazine’s answer to the question: “What is the most important book of all time?”
- Richard Dawkins, the ‘Apostle of Atheism’: how can he be answered?
- The Greatest Hoax on Earth? (introduction)
- Ruth Gledhill, Scandal and schism leave Christians praying for a ‘new Reformation’, The Times (UK), 2 April 2010. Return to text.
Ken E. wrote: “I just wanted to drop a note to express my gratitude for the kind of information you supply at the CMI web-site. I love science and find it thrilling to see how it may be used to glorify God and build faith in Him.” Glorify God in His creation. Support this site