Scientific proof we were created by aliens?
The exo-creator idea continues to gain momentum
Published: 1 May 2014 (GMT+10)
Compilation: stock.xchng and wikipedia.org
A recent news report claims:
“a detailed analysis that the human genome displays a thorough precision-type orderliness in the mapping between DNA’s nucleotides and amino acids. ‘Simple arrangements of the code reveal an ensemble of arithmetical and ideographical patterns of symbolic language … Accurate and systematic, these underlying patterns appear as a product of precision logic and nontrivial computing.”1
Thus, Vladimir I. Shcherbak of al-Farabi Kazakh National University of Kazakhstan, and Maxim A. Makukov of the Fesenkov Astrophysical Institute, go further by stating that:
“an intelligent signal embedded in our genetic code would be a mathematical and semantic message that cannot be accounted for by Darwinian evolution.”2
In short, DNA is far too complex—‘too intelligent’—to have evolved. Their solution to this apparent conundrum is that an ancient advanced alien civilization created life on Earth. Of course this is nothing new. We have written about this previously on many occasions. See Off the planet!, for example.
Science fiction comes alive
People familiar with the thrust of CMI’s ministry would well know that we regard the premise of the general theory of evolution to be nothing more than a non-testable and unprovable hypothesis, or more aptly put, a belief system about the past. The idea of panspermia (seeds from space) or directed panspermia (deliberately seeded by extraterrestrials) was once regarded as a fringe idea that was limited to the realm of science fiction. This is self-fulfilling, as most science fiction movies have an underlying foundation in evolution. Nothing illustrates the highly conjectural nature of evolutionism more than appealing to even more unknowns—i.e. that unseen aliens are the creators. The following links in this article deal with many of the corollaries of this type of thinking.
Some key points
- This is the most candid admission that many scientists, including one of the co-discovers of the DNA molecule itself, can believe in design, as long as it is not the Creator God of the Bible. Alleged extraterrestrials that we’ve never seen or met, and who don’t visit us regularly to oversee our evolution, obviously can’t be that interested in us anymore. One can have a creator without the accountability to him/them.
- Evolutionary science seeks to find the ‘first cause’ for life. But this idea only pushes the problem of first life off into outer space where it cannot be tested, and thus, invoking one untestable hypothesis on top of another. After all, if aliens created us, then who created them, and who created the creators of our creators, and so on. This is called the infinite regression problem.
- If directed panspermia is true, then at some stage somewhere in the universe evolution must have gotten a start. Because the universe is allegedly billions of years old and very large, it follows that if an alien race is older (on the evolutionary timescale) than humans, then they could be more advanced in their technological prowess, and could visit the earth (again, why are they not doing so now, of course).
- However, everywhere all exploration of the universe so far has not detected any alien life, or a signal, or an undisputed single planet capable of supporting life-despite finding thousands of planets. Along with uniquely designed humans, the Earth looks to be increasingly unique and exquisitely designed for human life. This is well known as the anthropic principle.
- Being able to visit the earth from a star or galaxy far, far away, is not just a matter of advanced technology. To be able to do this within the lifetime of mortal, sentient beings, would require some sort of supernatural explanation to overcome the travel distance problem between stars. To travel faster than the speed of light within our timespace universe would require a violation of the known laws of physics that govern our universe.
In the early days of evolutionary biology it was believed that non-living chemicals could somehow turn into living cells. As we can see, this intractable problem should have falsified their initial predictions. But to overcome this insurmountable problem, even more unscientific and unsupported assertions are often deferred to. Yet, these ideas continue to gain traction. Why?
Being immediately born into a sinful condition, a child grows into an adult and unless he/she is ‘taught the way they should go’, one’s natural inclination is to ignore God (otherwise known as sin). In short, as one gets older or matures without God, nothing changes except that he will tend to invent more and more exotic ideas to ignore the obvious evidence that there is a Creator who made it all.
References and notes
- news.discovery.com/space/alien-life-exoplanets/could-an-alien-message-be-embedded-in-our-genetic-code-130401.htm, 11 December, 2013. Return to text.
- Ibid. Return to text.
Don't be too hard on them. As far as atheists are concerned we *were* created by an Alien--God!
So, the DNA codes were created by aliens? What about the deciphering of the DNA codes? What about the irreducible complex bio-machinery like the flagellum that acts on the deciphered codes? What about the error detection and correction of the DNA codes by the enzymes? What about the cell? What about the epi-gnome? We can continue ... I can imagine the next phase of the panspermia story. The aliens kept coming back, then stayed on earth to introduce design elements to help evolution along. Eventually the aliens died on earth by an asteroid that left no evidence of the aliens. Scientific comedy at its best. It’s intellectual suicide to exclude the God that has left an historical trail of His interaction with us. The resources of CMI and other creation organizations will be vital evidence for future generations to lead an obvious path to the God of the Bible and their salvation.
It amazes me just what lengths evolutionists will go to to avoid saying we were created by God. They see the evidence that God made the universe and willingly reject it at ALL COSTS.
Wow!! They have made the earth-shattering, mind-blowing discovery that DNA is far too complex to have been formed through random processes of evolution!! They acknowledge that DNA shows evidence of design - and where there is design, there must be designer - or a Creator. They are but one step away from making the most important discovery of all - that there is a Creator, and that they have a Saviour. But rather than acknowledge the Creator God, they have concluded that "obviously" the evidence is proof that we came from aliens!! David has described them well in Psalm 14:1 & Psalm 53:1- "the fool hath said in his heart, There is no God." In Romans 1:20, The LORD says "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen.......so they are without excuse." and also in Romans 1:20 "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools." I thank God that I know Him as my LORD and Saviour.
The claim by some scientists that DNA was created by aliens doesn't surprise me. They see design but are blind to the truth and so they come up with the idea of E.T. Richard Dawkins, when interviewed by Ben Stein, made a similar claim. Dawkins was willing to accept a designer but only on the condition that it wasn't God. Alien design is just another attempt by man to deny the existence of God and the fact that one day we will all stand before him in judgement.
When SETI tries to look for life 'out there', or 'messages', they assume that they will be able to recognize information by a unknown sender.
What about design in nature? Even though the Designer is not visible in the here-and-now, wouldn't the standards of being able to recognize language or signs from an unknown intelligent source, apply to being able to recognize design by an unseen Designer? But He is not unknown to mankind. He is evident through the testimony of creation having all properties of being created, even though scarred by the immorality of its stewards - us humans. Thanks to God, Who became human in Jesus Christ, for giving us a new chance through redemption through forgiveness of sins through the atonement on the Cross, forgiving us for our sins, our transgressions, our immorality, - when anyone repent and comes to faith in Jesus, bowing before the Son of God Who died for the sins of mankind, so that all who believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.He came to His Own creation. He had sent messengers with messages generation after generation. It is written.
Its in the Bible - the Word of God.
It was a good article, in my humble opinion, until the conclusion:
"Being immediately born into a sinful condition, a child grows into an adult and unless he/she is ‘taught the way they should go’, one’s natural inclination is to ignore God (otherwise known as sin)."
That's what I've been taught growing up too, but after close to 40 yrs experience says different. I'm sure it's related to Romans passages: "Therefore," Romans 1:18-20 says, “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.” And in Romans 2:15: “The law is written on every man’s heart.” I've seen non-christians live good lives because they know it's the right thing to do and too many so called "christians" who've been taught and KNOW the truth and ignore it. All I know is John 14:6 "Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."" Can they know God without knowing his name? We'll find out soon enough...
Kurt, thanks for the comment, but to be honest I struggled to understand what you meant or how it disagrees with what I wrote. I said we were all born into sin--it's part of our nature so we cannot help ourselves. I said we ignore God (that is sin), so if the law is written on our hearts then that is also what we ignore. The John 14;6 passage you cited sums it up. The reason God inspired Scripture is so that we could know Him and use it to interpret our world, our fallen state and need for salvation.
Vladimir I. Shcherbak , and Maxim A. Makukov :
God is NOT going to be happy that you called Him an alien!!