United States | Change Country
- Lesson 1
- Lesson 2
- What is astronomy?
- Lesson 3
- How big is the universe?
- Lesson 4
- The origin of the universe
- Lesson 5
- Watching the sky
- Lesson 6
- Why did God create the heavenly bodies?
- Lesson 7
- Space exploration
- Lesson 8
- A Tour of the Solar System
- Lesson 9
- A Tour of the Solar System—The Sun and the Moon
- Lesson 10
- Stars and galaxies
- Lesson 11
- Cosmic Catastrophes
- Lesson 12
- Catastrophes in the Solar System
- Lesson 13
- Are there other planets in the Solar System?
The Astronomy Book
by Dr Jonathan Henry
Catastrophes in the Solar System
The Astronomy Book
- Shepherd moons
- Nebular hypothesis
- Planetary rings
- Symmetrical cratering
- Oort cloud
- Of what are the rings of Saturn composed?
- What other planets have rings?
- What are asteroids? What does 'asteroid' mean?
- Do you think the 'asteroid belt' between Earth and Mars formed from a planetary explosion? Why or why not?
- Why is Mars called the 'red planet'?
- Write an essay answering the question, 'Was there ever liquid water on Mars?' (See also our Q&A: Astronomy page for more information.)
- What is the underlying reason that people reject the Biblical account that Earth was once covered in water?
- What do the catastrophes discussed in this section have in common?
- What is the difference between a comet, a meteor, an asteroid and a meteorite?
- What do we really see when we see a comet?
- What is the 'Oort Cloud'? Discuss the problems associated with the idea. (See also More problems for the 'Oort comet cloud'? and Comets and the age of the solar system for additional information.)
- Do you think a meteor impact caused the extinction of the dinosaurs? Why or why not? (See also Did a meteor wipe out the dinosaurs? and The Great Dinosaur Extinction Controversy.)
- The Astronomy Book discusses at least six aspects of the solar system and universe that confirm the Biblically-based teaching that the creation is a few thousand years old at most. Write a research paper summarizing these and any other astronomical evidence that you can find (see also the Young Age Evidence and Astronomy pages).
Expand this site. Besides the over 8,000 fully searchable articles on this site, we want to add many more ways to reach a media-soaked culture. But it requires expertise to do it. Help us expand our methods of outreach. Support this site
In your shopping cart
Remove All Products in Cart
Total price does not include shipping costs. Prices subject to change in accordance with your country’s store.