United States | Change Country
- Lesson 1
- Lesson 2
- What is astronomy?
- Lesson 3
- How big is the universe?
- Lesson 4
- The origin of the universe
- Lesson 5
- Watching the sky
- Lesson 6
- Why did God create the heavenly bodies?
- Lesson 7
- Space exploration
- Lesson 8
- A Tour of the Solar System
- Lesson 9
- A Tour of the Solar System—The Sun and the Moon
- Lesson 10
- Stars and galaxies
- Lesson 11
- Cosmic Catastrophes
- Lesson 12
- Catastrophes in the Solar System
- Lesson 13
- Are there other planets in the Solar System?
The Astronomy Book
by Dr Jonathan Henry
Why did God create the heavenly bodies?
The Astronomy Book
Genesis 1:1 – Genesis 2:3
- Lunar calendar
- Solar calendar
- Use the glossary (pp. 77-78) to define the vocabulary words.
- Review the order of the creation days.
- According to the Bible, why did God create the sun? the moon? the stars?
- What is the difference between a 'lunar month', and the month of September? Of October? Of February?
- Which two nations still use the lunar calendar?
- What is the the difference between the lunar calendar and the solar calendar?
- How many constellations are there?
- What is the difference between an asterism and a constellation?
- How are stars named?
Some arithmetic problems can be used to enforce the concept of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and the difference in the time at GMT and where you live, or other time zones around the world. For instance, if it is noon at GMT, what time is it in New York City? Or what time is it in London, England? Or what time is it in Sydney, Australia? A good world map will have the various time zones mapped out.
Ken E. wrote: “I just wanted to drop a note to express my gratitude for the kind of information you supply at the CMI web-site. I love science and find it thrilling to see how it may be used to glorify God and build faith in Him.” Glorify God in His creation. Support this site
In your shopping cart
Remove All Products in Cart
Total price does not include shipping costs. Prices subject to change in accordance with your country’s store.