United States | Change Country
- Lesson 1
- Lesson 2
- What is astronomy?
- Lesson 3
- How big is the universe?
- Lesson 4
- The origin of the universe
- Lesson 5
- Watching the sky
- Lesson 6
- Why did God create the heavenly bodies?
- Lesson 7
- Space exploration
- Lesson 8
- A Tour of the Solar System
- Lesson 9
- A Tour of the Solar System—The Sun and the Moon
- Lesson 10
- Stars and galaxies
- Lesson 11
- Cosmic Catastrophes
- Lesson 12
- Catastrophes in the Solar System
- Lesson 13
- Are there other planets in the Solar System?
The Astronomy Book
by Dr Jonathan Henry
The Astronomy Book
- Reusable vehicle
- Space shuttle
- Trace the development of rockets throughout history. (You'll probably need to check sources other than The Astronomy Book for a more complete overview.)
- What problems needed to be overcome in building the first practical rockets?
- What do the initials N.A.S.A. stand for?
- Who was Wernher von Braun? Write a short research paper on his life and the contributions he made to rocket science. (See also, for example, Creation Safaris’ The World’s Greatest Creation Scientists from Y1K to Y2K for more information.)
- What happened on 16 July 1969? 20 July 1969?
- When was the last time someone took a trip to the moon?
- What was the 'Cold War'? What impact did it have on space programs?
- What is Mir?
- What is the difference between a manned mission and an unmanned mission? What functions do both serve?
Draw a timeline illustrating the history of space exploration.
NOTE: The NASA web site has more information about space exploration; however, the contents of that site often include evolutionary-based ideas.
Astronaut on creation
Jupiter origin mystery
Manna from heaven? Because this site and the information it contains is free, you might think so. However, lots of hard work went into producing it. Your gifts help to produce this ‘manna’ for others. Support this site
In your shopping cart
Remove All Products in Cart
Total price does not include shipping costs. Prices subject to change in accordance with your country’s store.