United States | Change Country
- Lesson 1
- Lesson 2
- What is astronomy?
- Lesson 3
- How big is the universe?
- Lesson 4
- The origin of the universe
- Lesson 5
- Watching the sky
- Lesson 6
- Why did God create the heavenly bodies?
- Lesson 7
- Space exploration
- Lesson 8
- A Tour of the Solar System
- Lesson 9
- A Tour of the Solar System—The Sun and the Moon
- Lesson 10
- Stars and galaxies
- Lesson 11
- Cosmic Catastrophes
- Lesson 12
- Catastrophes in the Solar System
- Lesson 13
- Are there other planets in the Solar System?
The Astronomy Book
by Dr Jonathan Henry
A Tour of the Solar System
The Astronomy Book
pp. 36-37, 44-49
- nebular hypothesis
- Use the glossary (pp. 77-78) to define the vocabulary words.
- Memorize the names of the known planets in our solar system.
- What makes Earth different from all the other planets?
- On what day of Creation week were the planets (other than Earth) created?
- Name at least four things that make Earth unique among the planets (e.g. distance from the Sun, the ability to support life, water, time of creation). Why are these factors important?
- Write a paragraph about why God made other planets.
- Which two planets are closer to the Sun than Earth?
- Why is Venus hotter than Mercury?
- What color does Mars appear in the sky?
- What is the biggest planet?
- Saturn is know as the '______ ______'.
- Name at least two things that Jupiter and Saturn have in common.
- Neptune, Uranus, and Pluto are the last three planets discussed in the text. Be sure to add some characteristics to the activities chart (below) about these three planets.
Make a chart listing all the planets. For each planet list at least two significant details. Children may wish to draw the planets (as seen on page 36 and 37) as well. Examples of significant details could be how the planet appears in the sky, or how hot it is, what its 'atmosphere' is made up of, etc. Be creative!
Derek C. wrote: “This is an awesome website. As a Christian who’s finally just turning my life over to God (for good), I needed somewhere to look for answers when I had no one to ask.” Help keep the ‘awesome’ going! Support this site
In your shopping cart
Remove All Products in Cart
Total price does not include shipping costs. Prices subject to change in accordance with your country’s store.