United States | Change Country
- Lesson 1
- Planet Earth
- Lesson 2
- The Ground We Stand Upon
- Lesson 3
- The Earth’s Surface
- Lesson 4
- Erosion / Deposition
- Lesson 5
- Sediments / Fossilization
- Lesson 6
- Volcanism / Deformation of rocks / Continents
- Lesson 7
- Metamorphism / Radioisotope Decay
- Lesson 8
- Ways to date the Earth
- Lesson 9
- Great geologic events of the past
- Lesson 10
- Questions people ask
The Geology Book
by Dr John D Morris
Erosion / Deposition
The Geology Book
- Law of disintegration
- List and describe the five main causes of erosion. How many types of erosion can you observe happening around where you live?
- Research various large hurricanes that have happened in the past few years. How much damage did each one do?
- Describe the rapid erosive processes (three are discussed).
- What is a “delta?”
- How is a turbidite formed?
- What causes a tidal wave (tsunami)?
This is week 2 of the experiment started in the last lesson. Has your mound decreased any? What caused this decrease?
- Rain; Ice; Plants and animals; chemicals; ocean waves
- Allow students to do their own research.
- Cavitation occurs when tiny bubbles in moving water explode inwardly; plucking is where rocks are picked up by moving water; kolk is like an under-water tornado that breaks up rock.
- Slowing water from a river into a larger body of water deposits its sediments onto the sea floor
- First, an event such as an earthquake starts a mud flow underwater. Next the mud flow spreads out. Eventually the mud flow hardens into a layer of rock.
- An underwater earthquake or volcanic eruption causes a shock wave of energy to race through the water. As the wave nears the shoreline, it becomes a wall of water which slams into the shoreline.
The great commission tells us to preach the Gospel to every nation. We might not be able to go there in the flesh but this site can penetrate every country on the globe. Help the world find 'creation'. Support this site
In your shopping cart
Remove All Products in Cart
Total price does not include shipping costs. Prices subject to change in accordance with your country’s store.