United States | Change Country
- Lesson 1
- Planet Earth
- Lesson 2
- The Ground We Stand Upon
- Lesson 3
- The Earth’s Surface
- Lesson 4
- Erosion / Deposition
- Lesson 5
- Sediments / Fossilization
- Lesson 6
- Volcanism / Deformation of rocks / Continents
- Lesson 7
- Metamorphism / Radioisotope Decay
- Lesson 8
- Ways to date the Earth
- Lesson 9
- Great geologic events of the past
- Lesson 10
- Questions people ask
The Geology Book
by Dr John D Morris
Sediments / Fossilization
The Geology Book
- Sand is made primarily of what mineral?
- Write a paragraph describing how sedimentary rocks are formed.
- What conditions are required to form a fossil?
- Name four different types of fossils.
- In you own words, write a description of how dinosaur fossils are formed.
NOTE: This week’s activities reinforce the fact that fossils and petrified wood can be made over a short period of time.
- Make a “fossil” using plaster of paris. Mix the plaster of paris and pour it onto a paper plate. Gather different objects (leaves, toy dinosaurs, etc.), press each into the plaster of paris, and then lift the object off. Include a print of your hand or foot. Let dry. Paint, when dry, if desired.
- This is week 3 of the experiment started in Lesson 3. Has your mound decreased any? What caused this decrease?
- See page 37.
- That the organism be buried rapidly, protected from scavengers and from decomposition by bacteria and chemicals
- Hard parts are preserved; replacement by other minerals; cast or mold are all that remains; petrification; cabonization; preservation of soft parts; frozen animals; animal tracks and worm burrows; coprolites; gastroliths
- See page 41.
6,000 years of earth history. That's a long time in our opinion! Over 8,000 free web articles on creation.com. That's a lot of information! Take advantage of this free information but please support CMI as God provides. Thank you. Support this site
In your shopping cart
Remove All Products in Cart
Total price does not include shipping costs. Prices subject to change in accordance with your country’s store.