William M. Curtis III, Th.D., Th.M., M.S.
- Doctor of Theology, Trinity Theological Seminary, 1988 [Special Revelation Major]
- Master of Theology, Capital Bible Seminary, 1976 [Greek & Hebrew Major]
- Master of Science, Southern Methodist Univ., 1963 [Aeronautics & Nuclear Physics]
- Bachelor of Science, Univ. of Utah, 1954 [Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering]
- Diploma, Belmont Senior High, Belmont, MA, 1948
- 20+ Years in the Aerospace Industry
- 9 Years in College positions, Administration & teaching Science, Math, Theology
- 8 Years in Pastorate and adjunct college faculty
- 12 Years in Scientific and Biblical Research and adjunct college faculty
- 1954-1967 Aerodynamics Engineer to Sr. Aerodynamics Engineer with Convair/General Dynamics, Ft. Worth, TX
- Performance prediction and analysis of the B-58
- Performance flight test planning and evaluation of: B-58, F-111, controlled bomb pod, crash investigations
- Performance analysis and proposal preparation on: B-58B, C & D. Aerial Tanker, SSR, ROBO, Nuclear Aircraft, SS Overflight aircraft which Lockheed built as the SR-71.
- Performance and flight dynamics on space flight and orbital vehichles ROBO and Dyna Soar
- Planning of world speed record flights for B-58
- Planning and evaluation of wind tunnel test - force models, pressure models, powered models and aeroelastic models.
- Aerodynamic theory and estimation of lift, drag, and stability characteristics on: B-58, B-57F, CV990, SR-71, FX, VFAX, F-111, SSTs, HSTs, Variable sweep wing & laminar flow control ac.
- Buffet prediction and design for wind tunnel and flight test
- Prediction, design and testing of speed brakes, slats, and flaps on several aircraft.
- Detail analysis of crash/flight investigations
- 1967 - 1973 Chief of Aerodynamics to Director of Engineering with Fairchild Industries, MD
- Performance prediction, aerodynamic configuration, and wind tunnel testing of twin jet FH-228
- Aerodynamics oversight and support including crash investigation of FH-227 which was in production at the time
- Responsible for the evaluation and definition of new generation air transport vehicles covering: conventional short haul aircraft, STOL, VSTOL, COD. Presenting such designs to division and corporate management, airlines, FAA, NASA, & DOD. Design team on the A-10
- Market research and airline planning, performance and route analysis with preparation and presentaion of brochures, flight handbooks et al.
- Member of Corporate Engineering Advisory Council: covering commercial, and military aircraft and critique of other corporate projects of other divisions including space craft, small gas turbine engines, aero seats etc.
- Member of AIA Committees advisors to the FAA on: STOL aircract, Airworthiness Requirements,Aircraft safety, Wet runway T.O. & Landing Req. and aircraft noise requirements.
- Member of AIAA Aircraft Design Commission
- Since 1973 as an occasional consultant to Aircraft Industry, Congressional Committees/DOD,FAA, Airlines and NTSB on crash investigations and aircraft evaluations.
- 1973-1976 Student at Capital Bible Seminary and part time faculty at Washington Bible College
- 1976-1982 Professor and Chairman on Nat. Science Dept., Dir of Admissions and Registrar at Washington Bible College
- 1982-1990 Pastor of Cumberland Bible Church and adjunct faculty for Washington Bible College, and Trinity Theological Seminary
- 1990 to present: President of The Institute for Scientific and Biblical Research and adjunct faculty for Lancaster Bible College.
Science and Education
- Board of directors Ft. Worth Regional Science Fair
- Associate Fellow - American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Who’s Who in Aviation, 1973, Harwood Pub.
- Civil Air Patrol - Aerospace Ed. Officer & Chaplain 1985-2000
- Founder of Institute for Scientific & Biblical Research
- Creationists of the Twentieh Century, 2002
- Scientific and Theological monographs too numerous to list in this resume.
- Several aerodynamic features such as airfoils,wing and tail configurations, leading and trailing edge devices, inlets, bypass ducts etc and several whole aircraft configurations including a STOL transport which I was the lead designer of, all of which belong to Convair and Fairchild my employers.
- An aerocar and a rotary engine which Fairchild gave up on and turned over to me but after much design work and even patent application on the engine we could not afford to build a prototype.
We support belief in an intelligent designer—the God of the Bible. This site was also ‘intelligently designed’. But rather than six days, it’s taken thousands of days. Help us design more information for this site. Support this site