Dr Emil Silvestru
Emil earned his Ph.D in geology at the Babes-Bolyai University in Cluj, Romania, (where he has worked as an associate professor) in karst sedimentology. An authority on the geology of caves, he has written one book (The Cave Book), published over 48 peer-reviews scientific articles, and co-authored three books: Terra - Catastrophe Naturale (Terra - Natural Catastrophes), The Geologic Column: Perspectives within Diluvial Geology and Rock Solid Answers.
Before moving into full-time creation ministry in 1997 Emil was the head scientist at the worlds first Speleological Institute (speleology = the study of caves) in Cluj. His areas of expertise include: karstology, sedimentology, geology and hydrogeology of limestone terranes, cave glaciology, show cave assessment & design, exploration and geology of metamorphic ore deposits.He has over 30 years experience in climbing and spelunking, educating many young spelunkers and mountain climbing devotees as well as participating in mountain and cave rescue operations.
After becoming a Christian in 1994, Emil began to re-think previously held views on the age of the earth. In particular he became interested in studying the geological processes that resulted from the world-wide flood recorded in Genesis. He became convinced that the flood provided exceptional conditions that greatly accelerated the geological processes commonly thought to take millions of years. In January 2002 he immigrated to Canada from Romania with his family. Emil now works full-time for Creation Ministries International-Canada as a researcher, writer and speaker.
In 2012 Emil suffered a stroke and subsequently has not been able to return to work for CMI.
- Be constructive & courteous. Don't attack individuals, denominations, or other organizations.
- Stay on-topic. We're not here to debate matters like eschatology, baptism, or Bible translation.
- Links to external sites and articles will be removed from your submission.
Privacy & Content Ownership
- Comments become the property of Creation Ministries International upon submission and may be edited for brevity and clarity.
- CMI may choose not to publish your comment depending on how well it fits the guidelines outlined above.
- By submitting your comment you are agreeing to receive email updates from Creation Ministries International. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- If your comment is published, your name will be displayed as ""