After graduating in applied physics in The Netherlands (his native country), Lucien Tuinstra lived and worked overseas, firstly in Spain (2000 – 2004) and then the United Kingdom.
In Spain, he first did his final project for his bachelor’s degree at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (Barcelona) on “The characterization of polymerfilms (PPy & PT & Pan) obtained by plasma enhanced chemical vapour deposition”. He then worked as a commercial technician for a Spanish gas calibration and instrumentation company. In December 2004, he moved to Scotland where, for over 13 years, he worked as an engineer in the gas industry, notably the testing and development of gas measurement instruments and equipment, and training others on the same. His various roles included product support, product management and customer support, and involved extensive travel overseas.
A long-standing keen biblical creationist, some years ago Lucien embarked on distance learning studies through the Institute of Creation Research (Dallas, Texas); this involved some visits to the US. Under the auspices of their School of Biblical Apologetics (unaccredited), he was awarded his Masters in Christian Education in March 2018. Over the years, Lucien has enjoyed working with children and particularly the teenagers in his church. He knows first-hand just how vital it is that they are prepared to face the challenges they meet in today’s culture, one which is increasingly hostile to biblically-minded Christians.
Lucien met his wife Anna on a trip to Israel and they were married in 2015. In October 2018, Lucien joined CMI (UK/Europe) full time, principally as a speaker and writer. He is passionate about demolishing secular, humanistic thinking and proclaiming Creation and Gospel truth.
- B.Sc. in Applied Physics, Hogeschool Enschede, Netherlands
- M.C.Ed. in Biblical Education & Apologetics, Institute of Creation Research, USA
- Pronoun wars around new version of Dutch Bible
- Doctors with no limits
- Debating strategies for atheists and Christians
- Uncuttable. Designs in nature inspire new super material
- Having your cake, and eating it
- Life: worthless or priceless?
- Orangutan mutter. Now we know how speech evolved, or do we?
- “No To Racism” campaign backlash
- Unbelief ushers in unattendance
- Genesis 1: YÔM ≠ eon
- 10 answers from biblical creationists—Part 1
- 10 answers from biblical creationists—Part 2
- Marriage and identity crisis
- Obscuring of God’s image will hurt society. Review of In His Image: A biblical introduction to social ethics
- A compromised defence of Christianity. Review of Confronting Christianity: 12 hard questions for the world’s largest religion
- Does ‘race’ science refute superior humans?. Review of Superior: The return of race science
- Deceitful religious education. Review of God and the Big Bang: Exploring science and Christian belief (ages 11–18)
- AI and the secular vision to redefine life itself. Review of Life 3.0: Being human in the age of Artificial Intelligence by Max Tegmark
- Evolution is evidently not scientific. Review of Taken Without Consent: How atheists have hijacked science by David Williams
- A strange idea of science. A review of One Strange Rock, episode 4: Genesis