United States | Change Country
Table of Contents
Foreword & Introduction
Facts & Bias
Variation and Natural Selection Versus Evolution
The Links Are Missing
Humans: Images of God or Advanced Apes?
How Old Is the Earth?
Is the Design Explanation Legitimate?
by Dr Jonathan Sarfati
Chapter 3: The Links Are Missing
- What do the comments by E.O. Wilson and W.B. Provine about an alleged ‘missing link’ between wasps and ants again reveal about the nature of ‘evidence’?
- List some reasons evolutionists give for the apparent lack of ‘transitional’ fossils.
- What are the requirements for fossilization?
- Outline the evolutionary story behind the transition from fish to amphibian. List some of the problems with this story.
- What are the alleged ‘transitional forms’ between amphibians and reptiles? Describe the problems with this idea.
- What animals are listed by evolutionists as ‘transitional’ between reptiles and mammals? Outline the overall problems with the idea that reptiles eventually gave rise to mammals.
- Why is it not advisable to say, ‘There are no transitional fossils’?
- What is a ‘living fossil’? What is the significance of a ‘living fossil’?
Evidence can be interpreted in different ways, based on one's worldview.
See pages 51-53.
A well-preserved fossil generally requires rapid burial, and cementing agents to harden the fossil quickly. This is usually caused by a catastrophic condition.
Formulate your own response—see pages 53-54. See also Q&A: Fossils.
Formulate your own response—see pages 54. See also Q&A: Fossils.
Formulate your own response—see pages 54-55. See also Q&A: Fossils.
See Arguments creationists should not use.
Living fossils are animals or plants that are also found in the fossil record. Living fossils show that things stay basically the same over time. See Q&A: Living Fossils.
Ken E. wrote: “I just wanted to drop a note to express my gratitude for the kind of information you supply at the CMI web-site. I love science and find it thrilling to see how it may be used to glorify God and build faith in Him.” Glorify God in His creation. Support this site
In your shopping cart
Remove All Products in Cart
Total price does not include shipping costs. Prices subject to change in accordance with your country’s store.