by Dr Jonathan Sarfati
Table of Contents
Facts & Bias
Variation and Natural Selection Versus Evolution
The Links Are Missing
Humans: Images of God or Advanced Apes?
How Old Is the Earth?
Is the Design Explanation Legitimate?
Chapter 6: Humans: Images of God or Advanced Apes?
- Australopithicus afarensis
- A. africanus
- Homo ergaster
- H. erectus
- H. heidelbergensis
- H. neanderthalensis
Should each of these be considered human or non-human? Why?
- A friend of yours claims that the similarity between human and chimp DNA proves evolution. How would you respond?
- One evolutionary idea is that embryos of different kinds pass through similar developmental stages. Another evolutionary idea is that embryos trace their alleged evolutionary ancestry as they develop. Both of these ideas have been thoroughly discredited. Why?
- Explain the evolutionary ‘mitochondrial Eve’ (or ‘out of Africa’) and ‘Y-chromosome Adam’ concepts. How does the Bible explain the evidence?
- Bones of Contention, Revised and Expanded (book), by Marvin L. Lubenow