Giant’s Causeway Tours—Saturday 13th September 2014
Sponsored by Creation Ministries International and Creation Outreach Ministries.
Two tours are planned:
Tour 1—Registration 9:00–9:30am. Tour starts promptly at 9.30am
Tour 2—Registration 1:00–1:30pm. Tour starts promptly at 1.30pm
- Contact number
- Which tour you would like to join
Please book for this event early to avoid disappointment—due to the nature of the tour, numbers will be limited. Geologist Dr Tas Walker will speak through a headset and participants will need the special ear-phones provided (of which there are a limited number).
Important cost information
Although the field trip itself is free, National Trust charges do apply (unless of course, you already have National Trust membership). The National Trust charges for car parking. The entrance fee is £8.50 for an adult, which includes entrance to the Giant’s Causeway Visitor Centre—see here for further details.
Alternatively if you purchase food at The Causeway Hotel, you can park for free but you do not gain access to the Visitor Centre. If you wish to park at a nearby village or town and travel by bus there is an Ulsterbus bus stop at the Giant’s Causeway.
For those who have pre-registered (see e-mail contact above), tour registration will take place at The Causeway Hotel (pictured).
- Go to the Conference Room, up to 30 minutes before the tour commences.
- The tours will be wholly outside.
- The route taken is about two miles, along a path, includes some steep slopes.
- Each tour will last for 2½–3 hours.
- Sensible footwear is recommended as there are loose rocks and some gravelled paths.
- Take appropriate outdoor clothing as the weather can change rapidly and strong wind and rain may occur.