Scot Devlin B.Sc.Geo. Ind. (Hons 1) LCGI, DipHealth.
Scot was born in the UK and has been privileged to minister in many countries including United Kingdom, France, Italy, Switzerland, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, Australia, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, India, Nepal, and Brazil.
After witnessing the dramatic and positive effect of the Gospel in many different cultures, and the decline of the West as it abandons biblical values, Scot became emboldened to illuminate the ‘lies so clever that they sound like the truth’ (Eph 4:14) that keep people from knowing Christ.
Royal Dutch Shell sponsored Scot to complete a degree in Geophysics at the University of Leeds. He then briefly engaged in research and teaching resulting in the discovery of a forward modeling approach to velocity analysis for ground penetrating radar. Using this research, he applied for a patent and started a business with the help of a European government grant. The Business came to an end with the 2008 financial crisis. Scot then worked as a Geophysicist with several other small to medium-sized businesses.
Before joining CMI as a full-time Scientist and Speaker, Scot worked with neurosurgeons and neurologists to accurately image and navigate the human brain and spine.
Scot is well able to connect with a broad range of audiences and engages effectively with young people in particular.
- Scot. D, Booth. A, Clark. R, Houseman: Velocity and Depth Determination from Common-Offset, Near Surface Ground Penetrating Radar for Utility Surveying, 12th International Conference on Ground Penetrating Radar, Univ. Birmingham, 2008.
- Faster than Light? Did the V838 Monocerotis explode faster than light?
- Missing Matter found? Has the Big Bang’s missing matter been found?
- Earth’s inner core shouldn’t exist!
- Will the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) find extra-terrestrial life?