The ‘Rock Man’ UK Tour with Dr Tas Walker
With degrees in earth science and engineering, Australian creationist and geologist Dr Tas Walker is well known around the world to lay people and flood geologist experts alike. Prior to joining Creation Ministries International full time in 1999, he spent 20 years in the Queensland electricity industry, involved in the planning, design and operation of power stations. His professional experience has also included the geological assessment of coal mining proposals and a large hydro-electric development.
With CMI, Dr Walker regularly speaks on creation apologetics topics, continues to do geology field work and lead field trips, and is an editor of Creation magazine. Also a prolific writer, his many articles appear on creation.com, Journal of Creation, and in other creationist works. The ‘Biblical Geological Model’ which Tas developed many years ago has been accepted by many flood geologists around the world. Indeed, some of the leaders in this field use and regularly refer to this model as the basis of their own research. Tas maintains his own website and blog, one of creation.com’s affiliated websites.
In spite of his academic background, his talks have great appeal to lay audiences through his ability to communicate information at a level that non-scientists can understand. You can see some samples of Tas in action on his biography page. His popular booklet, The Genesis Flood: Fact or Fiction (also in e-book formats), and DVDs (see here) attest to this fact. Tas is one of the 15 featured PhD scientists in our brand new Evolution’s Achilles’ Heels book and forthcoming EAH documentary film, which premieres this Autumn.
Tas Walker’s UK tour starts off in Northern Ireland (taking in Giant’s Causeway Field Trips), then moves to England. We encourage you to try to attend an event near you—and to bring along friends.
Giant’s Causeway Field Trips
CMI, in partnership with our good friends at Creation Outreach Ministries, have arranged for Dr Tas Walker to take groups on geological field trips at the Giant’s Causeway, explaining their formation from a biblical perspective. If you would like to join us on one of these excursions, pre-registration is essential. For further details of these tours, where and when to meet, etc., please go to this page.
- Saturday 13 September 2014, 9.30am, 1.30pm, Giants Causeway Field Trip Ph:0845 6800 264, Giants causeway, Causeway Road, Bushmills, Antrim, BT57 8SU. (Northern Ireland)
- Saturday 13 September 2014, 7.30pm, public meeting, Coleraine Congregational Church Ph:028 7035 2885, 46 New Row, Coleraine, BT52 1AF. (Northern Ireland)
- Sunday 14 September 2014, 10.30am, Dwelling Place Christian Fellowship Ph:0845 6800 264, Railway Street, BT42 2AD, Ballymena. (Northern Ireland)
- Sunday 14 September 2014, 6.45pm, Peoples Church Mallusk Ph: 028 9084 4656, 64 Mallusk road, Newtownabbey, County Antrim, BT36 4QE. (Northern Ireland)
- Monday 15 September 2014, 7.30pm, public meeting, Carlisle Christian Fellowship Ph: 07866803307, Charlotte Street, Carlisle CA2 5BT. (England)
- Wednesday 17 September 2014, 7.45pm, public meeting, Aughton Park Baptist Church Ph: 01695 575446, Long Lane Aughton, Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39 4DB. (England)
- Thursday 18 September 2014, 7.45pm, public meeting, Carey Baptist Church Ph:01189590058, The Carey Centre, Anstey Road, Reading, RG1 7JR. (England)
- Friday 19 September 2014, 7.30pm, public meeting, Walsham Le Willows Congregational Church Ph: 01359 258986, Walsham-Le-Willows village Hall, The Street,, Walsham-Le-Willows, Suffolk, IP31 3AA. (England)
- Saturday 20 September 2014, 7.00pm, public meeting, Melbourne Hall Evangelical Free Church, Ph: 0845 6800 264, St Peters Road, Leicester LE2 1DB. (England)
- Sunday 21 September 2014, 10.30am, Keynsham Elim Church Ph: 07806781566, Balmoral Road, Keynsham, Bristol BS31 1AL. (England)
- Sunday 21 September 2014, 5.30pm, Copse Road Chapel Ph;01275 878490, Seavale Road, Clevedon, North Somerset, BS21 7QB. (England)
- Monday 22 September 2014, , Nottingham University Ph:0845 6800 264, Nottingham University, Nottingham. (England)
An extensive range of book and DVD resources will be available at each venue.