Gary has been speaking on the creation/evolution issue since 1990. With a background in management and marketing, in 2002, he was invited to join the ministry full-time in Brisbane and eventually became its Head of Ministry. Much in demand for his popular lay talks on creation, Gary and his family relocated to America to serve as CEO of CMI-US. He was also elected to the position of CEO of CMI-Worldwide, CMI’s international Federation of ministries.
Once a convinced evolutionist, the Creation message had a dramatic impact on Gary’s life. He is now a young-Earth creationist with a heart to communicate this life-changing information to the average ‘person in the street’.
Concerned about the tremendous interest in UFOs and associated extraterrestrial beliefs, Gary undertook specialist research in an attempt to solve this seemingly baffling phenomenon. This led to his Amazon.com top 50 bestseller Alien Intrusion: UFOs and the Evolution Connection (the only Creationist book ever to achieve this feat). This landmark book provides biblical answers to the many puzzling questions regarding UFOs, and whether there is intelligent, sentient alien life on other planets (our theological position on this is no. Please read the first article below for why). As a leading Christian authority in this area, Gary has travelled extensively around the world, speaking and conducting literally hundreds of interviews on radio, television and various media.
He is married to Frances (an experienced event manager for CMI) and they have four adult children. Together they authored the children’s book One Big Family: the truth about where we all came from.
See a sample video of Gary Bates:
Gary is also on the editorial staff and a regular contributor to Creation magazine and this website. A selection of his articles are listed below.
Creation magazine interviews
- A watchman for the Lord
- Is God left-handed?
- Rapping for the Creator
- Raising godly children
- Aliens in your bedroom?
- Seeing a way through the forest
- Dealing with the heart of the problem
- ‘What goes up … ’
- An awesome mind
- Exploding the big bang!
- Lifting the veil on the UFO phenomenon
- Still running for God
- The Battle of Chang-Sha
- Back on solid ground
- Doctor to the disadvantaged
General science and theology articles
- Patterns of Evidence: Exodus. A review
- A Matter of Faith—movie review
- Did something precede creation week, and why did God introduce suffering?
- Egyptian chronology and the Bible—framing the issues
- Geologists are not biased?
- Are there out-of-sequence fossils that are problematic for evolution?
- The new earth
- Scientific proof we were created by aliens?
- Is God inconsistent?
- Can you answer: ‘How did we get our Bible?’
- Did God create over billions of years?
- Has the Kepler spacecraft found an ‘alien world’?
- Did the witch of Endor call up a ghost?
- Hosing down the hype
- Did God use a big bang?
- Why should science make it difficult to believe the Bible?
- Patriarchs of the forest (old trees suggest a recent creation)
- Evolution and the science of fiction: A denial of the awesome Creator
- Legalizing abortion—no-one is safe anymore: Compromise on ‘made in the image of God’ is taking us into Hitler’s gas chambers
- Is ‘string’ the next big thing?
- Multiverse theory—unknown science or illogical raison d’être
- String theory “philosophy” challenged
- Does CMI believe in an old earth?
- That quote!—about the missing transitional fossils
- Can bunny rabbits be saved?
- Are ghosts real? Are people really communicating with the spirits of the dead?
- What about ghost sightings?
- Racism—a consequence of evolution?
Creation: relevance to Christianity
- Creation—the ‘dealbreaker’ for today’s generation
- Winning a dumbed-down debate—no cause for celebration
- ‘Teaching creation is child abuse’?
- The false gospel of Darwinism
- Is creation irrelevant?
- Harmonizing science and Scripture?
- Expanding the Kingdom?
- Can you survive without blood?
- Defending the Bible?
- A ‘no brainer’ test for measuring the faith of our young ones
- Evolutionary ‘programming’ and the stumbling block of thousands of years
- Truth, half truths and outright falsehoods!
- Christianity 101
- How to conduct brain surgery in 45 minutes
- Skeptical tactic for shutting down debates
- How do we love our neighbor?
- Gay Marriage—A big stick to beat the church with
- Anchoring their faith
- It’s the season for giving—but do the atheists think so too?
- Don’t hold the line—advance it!
- An ‘old-earth’ answer provides only problems
- Thinking ‘upside-down’!
- Salad bar Christianity!
- What is your authority?
- Does evolution turn people into Christians?
- It’s not Christianity!
- The ‘knockout punch’ syndrome
- The lies of Free Inquiry—a response
- Truth decay: Will revival come in a compromised Church?
- Refuting compromising critic of CMI seminar
- What would life be like without creation ministries?
- Religious spin merchants
- Redressing the imbalance
- We are … biblical creationists?
- Why do children lose their trust in the Bible?
- Why doesn’t the church taste good anymore?
- ‘Plugging the back door’
- Churches celebrating the ‘Year of Darwin’
- Foxes crying foul in the henhouse!
- Are young-earth creationists irrational knuckle-brains?
- Dispensing the cure for a sick society
- Catching the vision—an amazing story!
- Christians ‘ducking and weaving’ on campus
- Creation—now on the table!
- Muslims agree that the church should stop watering down the message
- The bottom line—it’s about people!
- Who’s transforming our society?
- ‘A donkey for Jesus’
- Absolute truth—and winning the ‘culture wars”
- How to reach into schools without reaching into schools!
- Pew survey reveals basic ignorance of Christian belief
- Compromising chaplain castigates creation, round 2
- Does Creation make the Gospel a laughing stock?
- Evolution’s pesky flea
Death and suffering
- Is the whole creation fallen?
- Understanding death
- Not just another book on ‘Why me, Lord?’
- Dealing with difficult issues
- Australia’s worst-ever bushfire disaster
- Haiti’s horrendous earthquake disaster
- Is it ‘unjust’ that the whole creation should suffer because of Adam’s sin? and Is long-age creationist a misnomer?
The UFO phenomenon
- Did God create life on other planets? Otherwise why is the universe so big?
- Who were the sons of God in Genesis 6? (from Alien Intrusion)
- How to deal with experiencers
- Sirius the documentary
- Will Nibiru collide with Earth?
- Alien Intrusion helps experiencer to make sense of childhood ‘visitations’
- Will humans explore the stars?
- Does the UFO phenomenon marginalize the Christian worldview?
- Designed by aliens? Discoverers of DNA’s structure attack Christianity
- UFOs and aliens — is there something going on?
- Global warming might become an ‘alien agenda’
- What really happened at Roswell?
- Death of a guru
- Christians shaped by experiences rather than the ‘Bible first’ approach
- Reaching out at Roswell
- The UFO phenomenon—growing and not going away!
- The Fourth Kind movie review
- Reaction to CMI’s review of The Fourth Kind
- Avatar Aspirations: Sci fi helps create an alternate belief system
- Alien Apologetics
- Alien & skeptics
- Aliens, evolution and the occult
- Fast food giant firms up alien beliefs
- ET needed evolution
- Is the Bible falsifiable?
- Is the Bible falsifiable? And would a real live ET do it?
- NASA astronaut Ed Mitchell says aliens are with us
- Off the planet!
- One ‘Harmless’ Movie
- Out of this world!
- The return of the Nephilim?
- Saved via aliens?
- SETI—coming in from the cold of space
- The war of the worlds comes down to Earth
- Water, water, where are you?
- Signs the movie—God vs the aliens!
- Martian Fossils? Dissecting the media hype
- Prepare ye the way—the aliens are coming!
- UFOlogy: the world’s fastest-growing ‘scientific’ religion?
- Confirmations from creationist cosmology and countering ‘close encounters’
|Creation not Confusion (2 DVD set)||Aliens, UFO's and the Bible DVD||Alien Abductions and UFOs—Exposed! DVD||Close Encounters of the ‘Fourth Kind’ DVD||Why Does a Good God Allow Bad Things? DVD||Who Made God? DVD|
Books and booklets
|Alien Intrusion (updated & expanded)||How Did We Get Our Bible? booklet||Gay Marriage: right or wrong? And who decides? booklet||One Big Family: the truth about where we all came from|