Kelly Hollowell, J.D., Ph.D.
Molecular and Cellular Pharmacologist, Patent Attorney (USA)
Dr Hollowell is the founder of Science Ministries, Inc. Before that, she worked as Corporate Counsel and Executive Editor of Science at Christianity.com Inc. Previously, Dr Hollowell has worked at the following:
- 1998–2000: Patent Attorney at Kaufman & Canoles, Norfolk, VA.
- 1997–1998: Science Consultant at BAPIC Environment Technologies in Virginia Beach, VA
- 1995–1996: Forensic Toxicologist at DUI Laboratory, Department of Clinical Pathology, Miami School of Medicine, Miami FL.
- 1989–1990: Assistant Director of Technical Analysis at Robertson Laboratory Corporation, Madison, NJ
- 1987–1988: Research Assistant for Rad-Cure Corporation, Livingston, NJ
EducationAdmitted To Practice:
- 1999 – Virginia State Bar
- 1998 – U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- J.D. – Regent University, Virginia Beach, Virginia: 1996-1999, Cum. GPA 3.5
- Ph.D. in Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology — University of Miami, Miami, Florida: 1990-1996, Cum. GPA 3.4; Doctoral Thesis: DNA Technology, Cloning, Analysis
- B.A. – New College, Sarasota, Florida: 1983-1987, Cum. GPA NA
- Regent University Law School: Dean’s Scholarship, Law Grant
- National Institute of Health Scholarship for Scientific Research
- University of Miami: Department of Pharmacology Scholastic Scholarship
- New College: Foundation Scholastic Scholarship
- Cloning: Exposing Flaws in the Preembryo-Embryo Distinction and Redefining When Life Begins, Regent University Law Rev. 11, 1998.
- Above article, Abstract for the Institute for Creation Research, Impact Article 310, April 1999.
- Cryp-2, A Novel Receptor Type Tyrosine Phosphatase Selectively Expressed by Developing Neurons, coauthored with Bixby, J. Neurobiology, Oct.1996.
- Identification of Two Novel Tyrosine Phosphatases with Selective Expression in Brain<, coauthored with Bixby, Abstract for the 24th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, 1994.
Public Speaking Engagements
- CBN Studio 700 Club, Interview: Cloning Proves Life Begins at Conception, March 1999.
- Christian Medical and Dental Association at the Medical College of Virginia, Lecture: Cloning Proves Life Begins at Conception, October 1999.
- First Baptist Church of Norfolk VA, Weekly Lecture Series: Faith and Scientific Fact, September–November 1999.
- Institute for Creation Research Radio Broadcast, Debate: Creation versus Evolution, with Dr Eugenie Scott of The National Center for Science Education, September 1999.
- Institute for Creation Research Radio Broadcast, Interview: From Darwinian Thinking to Abortion — The Devaluation of Life, October 1999.
- Institute for Creation Research Radio Broadcast, Interview: The Human Genome Project — Evidence of a Creator, November 1999.
Refuting Evolution has sold over 500,000 copies! Impressive? But Richard Dawkins’ God Delusion has sold 8.5 million copies. Please support CMI so we can get more of this information out. Support this site