Frequently asked questions listed by topic
Galileo, Geocentrism, and Joshua’s Long Day Questions and Answers
Who were Galileo’s real opponents? What should Christians learn from the Roman Catholic church’s reaction?
- The Galileo ‘twist’
- Galileo — What were his real scientific and biblical conflicts with the Church? (Christian Answers Network)
- What is the lesson that Christians should learn from Galileo? (Christian Answers Network)
- The Galileo affair: history or heroic hagiography (semi-technical)
- The Galileo excuse (from a response to Bill Dembski)
- Luther and Science (the attitude of Luther and his followers to Copernicus — off site)
- Galileo Quadricentennial
Where did Geocentrism really come from? Does Scripture unambiguously teach that the earth is the physical centre of the solar system?
- Is the Earth at the Center of the Universe?
- Sunspots, Galileo and heliocentrism
- Moving with the Planets
- Geocentrism and Creation (Semi-technical, critique of Gerardus Bouw’s book Geocentricity)
- Geocentric gobbledegook (Semi-technical, critique of Marshall Hall’s book The Earth is Not Moving)
- Joshua’s long day — did it really happen? (Russell Grigg: biblical and scientific evidence)
- Have computers discovered the Biblical ‘long days’? (Dr Don DeYoung, Astronomy and the Bible)
- Have NASA’s computers really proven a long day? (Dr Jonathan Sarfati)
- Has NASA Discovered a ‘Missing Day’? (Bert Thompson)
For the related topic of alleged ‘flat earth’ teaching in the Bible, see Does the Bible really teach a flat earth?
The great commission tells us to preach the Gospel to every nation. We might not be able to go there in the flesh but this site can penetrate every country on the globe. Help the world find 'creation'. Support this site