Galileo, Geocentrism, and Joshua’s Long Day Questions and Answers
Who were Galileo’s real opponents? What should Christians learn from the Roman Catholic church’s reaction?
- The Galileo ‘twist’
- Galileo — What were his real scientific and biblical conflicts with the Church? (Christian Answers Network)
- What is the lesson that Christians should learn from Galileo? (Christian Answers Network)
- The Galileo affair: history or heroic hagiography (semi-technical)
- The Galileo excuse (from a response to Bill Dembski)
- Luther and Science (the attitude of Luther and his followers to Copernicus — off site)
- Galileo Quadricentennial
Where did Geocentrism really come from? Does Scripture unambiguously teach that the earth is the physical centre of the solar system?
- Is the Earth at the Center of the Universe?
- Sunspots, Galileo and heliocentrism
- Moving with the Planets
- Geocentrism and Creation (Semi-technical, critique of Gerardus Bouw’s book Geocentricity)
- Geocentric gobbledegook (Semi-technical, critique of Marshall Hall’s book The Earth is Not Moving)
Is the long day Joshua 10 proof of a biblical error? How did it happen? Has NASA really proved it?
- Joshua’s long day — did it really happen? (Russell Grigg: biblical and scientific evidence)
- Have computers discovered the Biblical ‘long days’? (Dr Don DeYoung, Astronomy and the Bible)
- Have NASA’s computers really proven a long day? (Dr Jonathan Sarfati)
- Has NASA Discovered a ‘Missing Day’? (Bert Thompson)
For the related topic of alleged ‘flat earth’ teaching in the Bible, see Does the Bible really teach a flat earth?
Did you notice that there weren’t any ads or annoying page-covering pop ups on our site? Consider undergirding our efforts with a small donation today! Support this site