United States | Change Country
- Lesson 1
- Planet Earth
- Lesson 2
- The Ground We Stand Upon
- Lesson 3
- The Earth’s Surface
- Lesson 4
- Erosion / Deposition
- Lesson 5
- Sediments / Fossilization
- Lesson 6
- Volcanism / Deformation of rocks / Continents
- Lesson 7
- Metamorphism / Radioisotope Decay
- Lesson 8
- Ways to date the Earth
- Lesson 9
- Great geologic events of the past
- Lesson 10
- Questions people ask
The Geology Book
by Dr John D Morris
Volcanism / Deformation of rocks / Continents
The Geology Book
- At least two ways that volcanoes erupt are discussed in the text. What are they?
- When forces in the earth’s crust build up to a breaking point along a fault, the sections move in one of three ways. What are they? Write a short description of each type.
- What factors influence whether a rock will “bend” or “break”?
- Write a short paper on continental separation using just the facts given in the text. (See also Q&A: Plate Tectonics)
- For a more in-depth study of volcanoes, research some of the more famous volcanoes that have erupted in the past. When did they erupt? How devastating to the surrounding areas were they? What types of devastation did they cause? How often do these volcanoes erupt? How long do the eruptions last?
- This is week 4 of the experiment started in Lesson 3. Has your mound decreased any? What caused this decrease?
- Some volcanoes erupt by just spilling lava out from their top; others explode out of their top
- See pages 44, 45.
- Whether it is soft or brittle, how deep it is buried
has sold over 500,000 copies! Impressive? But Richard Dawkins’ God Delusion has sold 8.5 million copies. Please support CMI so we can get more of this information out. Support this site
In your shopping cart
Remove All Products in Cart
Total price does not include shipping costs. Prices subject to change in accordance with your country’s store.