Geology Questions and Answers
- Genesis and catastrophe
- Shifting sands
- Geology and the Young Earth
- The earth: how old does it look?
- What about continental drift?
- The origin of old-Earth geology and its ramifications for life in the 21st century
Was geological uniformitarianism the result of dispassionate scientific enquiry?
- Charles Lyell’s hidden agenda—to free science “from Moses”
- Mineral evolution: What’s next? Geobiology or biogeology?
- Hutton’s a priori commitment to materialism
- The man who made the wedge: James Hutton and the overthrow of biblical authority
- St Hutton’s Hagiography
Can geological structures that we see today be explained by a global Flood?
- Australia’s remarkable Red Centre
- How Wilpena Pound, Australia, formed
- A classic tillite reclassified as a submarine debris flow
- Seeing Noah’s Flood in geological maps
- Can Flood geology explain thick chalk beds?
- The collapse of ‘geologic time’!
- Devils Tower can be explained by floodwater runoff
- Fluidisation pipes: evidence of large-scale watery catastrophe
- Paleosols: digging deeper buries ‘challenge’ to Flood geology
- Peperite: more evidence of large-scale watery catastrophe
- The Yellowstone petrified forest
- Three sisters: evidence for Noah’s Flood
- Uluru and Kata Tjuta: Testimony to the Flood
- Many arches and natural bridges likely from the Flood
Can canyons be formed quickly?
- Massive erosion on California’s Oroville Dam
- Canyon creation
- Canyon in six days!
- Grand Canyon: startling evidence for Noah’s Flood
- Grand Canyon strata show geologic time is imaginary
- How old is Grand Canyon?
How were the earth’s coal beds formed? How is coal a problem for belief in long ages?
- Confusion over mining plans and coal deposits
- Coal: memorial to the Flood
- Forests that grew on water
- The salinity of a floating forest
- Too much coal for a young earth?
How were limestone caves formed? How long does it need?
- Rapid cave formation by sulfuric acid dissolution
- Limestone caves: a result of Noah’s Flood?
- Caves for all seasons
- The age of the Jenolan Caves, Australia
How does the Flood explain stalagmites, stalactites and other speleothems?
Is there evidence that rocks and gems formed in the biblical timeframe?
- Granite grain size: not a problem for rapid cooling of plutons
- The rapid formation of granitic rocks: more evidence
- Granite formation: catastrophic in its suddenness
- Keys to rapid rock formation
- Rapid rock
- Sandy Surprise
- Mud experiments overturn long-held geological beliefs
- Creating opals
- Microscopic diamonds confound geologists
- Warped earth
- ‘Flat gaps’ in sedimentary rock layers challenge long geologic ages
How do petrified man-made objects support the biblical timescale?
How did many fine layers of rock form?
- Green River Blues
- Sandy Stripes: Do many layers mean many years?
- Sedimentation Experiments—Nature finally catches up!
- Experiments on Lamination of Sediments
- Experiments on stratification of heterogeneous sand mixtures
- Soil formation and the age of the earth
What other evidence is there of geological structures forming quickly?
- Surtsey, the young island that looks old!
- Surtsey still surprises
- Niagara Falls and the Bible
- Rivers, rocks and … Shakespeare
- The story that won’t be told
- Tuluman—A test of time
What is ‘catastrophic plate tectonics’? Is it consistent with the Scriptures?
- Forum on catastrophic plate tectonics
- Probing the earth’s Deep Places
- The Wilson cycle: a serious problem for catastrophic plate tectonics
Related Q&A pages
You are probably accessing this site because you had questions—just like everyone else. That’s why CMI exists. You can help keep the free answers on this site coming. Support this site