Fossils Questions and Answers
- A fossil is a fossil is a fossil. Right?
- The Links Are Missing (from Refuting Evolution)
- The Fossil Record: Becoming More Random All the Time
- Where are all the human fossils?
- Living fossils: a powerful argument for creation
Do fossils give evidence of their quick formation during great catastrophe, such as Noah’s Flood?
- A ‘165 million year’ surprise
- Buried Birth
- Dead whales: telling tales?
- Deluge disaster
- Fast fossils
- Folded ferns
- Fossil squid ink that still writes!
- Hundreds of jellyfish fossils!
- Lily of the sea
- Rock-solid butter!
Fast Fossils: What other evidence shows that fossils don’t take long periods of time to form?
- Amazing stone bears of Yorkshire
- Tarawera’s Night of Terror (Rapid Fossilization)
- Fascinating fossil fence-wire
- Petrified flour
- ‘Fossil’ hat
- Message in a Bottle
- Whale explodes fossil theory
- Toy car rocks million-year belief
- Keys to rapid rock formation
- The clock in the rock
- That choking feeling
Is there any type of order in the fossil record?
- Are there out-of-sequence fossils that are problematic for evolution?
- Index fossils—really?
- Fossil flip-flop
- Further expansion of evolutionary fossil time ranges
- Fossils: do they become more complex?
- How well do paleontologists know fossil distributions?
- ‘Oldest’ fossil shrimp?
- Slow Fish in China
- ‘Remarkable’ mammal hairs in amber?
- Evolution exams and fossil fallacies
Are there really missing links? Is this a problem for particles-to-people evolution?
- Another major ‘link’ fails
- Cladistics, evolution and the fossils
- That quote!—about the missing transitional fossils (Colin Patterson)
- Argument: The fossil record supports evolution
- Punctuated Equilibrium: Come of Age?
- Another leggy snake? (Eupodophis descouensi)
- Evolution of multicellularity : what is required?
- Mammal-like reptiles: major trait reversals and discontinuities
- ‘Transitional form’ in mammal ear evolution—more cacophony
- Pterosaur ‘missing link’ poses problems for a Dawkins evolutionary story
Do fossilized plants and animals really look all that different from animals we see today?
- Alligator ancestor antics
- Evolutionists can’t dodge ‘Living Fossils’
- Pygmy pipehorse pipe dream
- Horsetails are ‘living fossils’!
- Living fossils: the Shovelnose Ray
- Living fossils and evolution, and does it matter if ‘junk DNA’ have functions?
- Death march (horseshoe crab)
- Fish that ‘fly’
- Another ‘living fossil’ tree
- Salamanders are living fossils!
- The Wollemi Pine
- Correcting the headline: ‘Coelacanth’ yes; ‘Ancient’ no
Does the fossil record of whales show that they evolved from land mammals?
- Whale evolution? (from Refuting Evolution)
- A Whale of a Tale
- The Strange Tale of a Leg on a Whale
- To Make a Tail for a Whale
- The World of Whales
- Walking whales, nested hierarchies, and chimeras: do they exist?
Are there transitional forms between fish and tetrapods?
- The fossil record of ‘early’ tetrapods: evidence of a major evolutionary transition?
- Tiktaalik—a fishy ‘missing link’
- Is the famous fish-fossil finished?
- Livoniana—Have they (finally!) found a missing link?
- Gogonasus—a fish with human limbs?
- ’The oldest pregnant mum’—not! (Materpiscis attenboroughi or ‘Mother fish of Attenborough’)
- Ventastega—not a leg to stand on
- Is the fish really our ancestor?
- Panderichthys—a fish with fingers?
Related Q&A pages
- Death Throes -- Dinosaur fossil posture suggests asphyxiation
- Fossil mix ups – When fossils are found where they shouldn’t be (Creation Magazine LIVE! 4-16)
- Living Fossils: Fossils that debunk evolution (Creation Magazine LIVE! 4-05)
- Evolutionary Stasis -- Double-speak and Propaganda
- Not at all like a whale
- Transitional fossils? Where? -- Creation Magazine LIVE! (2-22)
Ken E. wrote: “I just wanted to drop a note to express my gratitude for the kind of information you supply at the CMI web-site. I love science and find it thrilling to see how it may be used to glorify God and build faith in Him.” Glorify God in His creation. Support this site