Bible Questions and Answers
- The authority of Scripture (available in Spanish)
- Should we trust the Bible?
- Jesus Christ on the infallibility of Scripture
- Holy books?
- Gospel dates and reliability
- Is the Bible our sole final authority?
- The use of creation in the Old Testament
Does the Bible contain information that was ‘ahead of its day’? Is this evidence for its divine inspiration?
When were the biblical books written?
- Can we believe the Gospels?
- Date of John’s Gospel
- Darkness at the crucifixion: metaphor or real history?
- The Nativity: fact or fiction?
- Who wrote Isaiah?
- Using the Bible to prove the Bible? Are biblical creationists guilty of circular reasoning?
How is the Bible translated? What are some of the issues involved?
- What’s in a pronoun? The divine gender controversy
- The ‘gender-neutral’ Bible
- Politicizing Scripture: Should Christians welcome a ‘Conservative Bible Translation’?
- What should we think of new or trendy Bible translations?
Can the Bible mean anything we want? Or are there clear rules for interpreting it?
- The Bible and hermeneutics
- Should Genesis be taken literally?
- Is biblical interpretation infallible, and does it matter?
- Is there a universal way Christians should interpret the Bible?
Are there special codes embedded in the Scriptures that can be used to predict the future?
Related Q&A pages
The information on this site can change lives—former atheists tell us so. Why? Because it’s information people haven’t heard before. So keep it coming by supporting the researchers and writers at CMI. Support this site