Robert J.M. Gurney
Medical doctor and missionary
Robert J.M. Gurney qualified in medicine at the University of Bristol, England, in 1963 (M.B., Ch.B.). He also obtained a qualification in Tropical Medicine at the University of Liverpool, England, in 1965 (D.T.M. & H.). He served for 17 years as a medical missionary in Israel, Tanzania and Kenya, and then worked as a general practitioner in England. He has been interested in the evolution/creation debate since his schooldays, when he was a member of the Evolution Protest Movement. He also has a special interest in history and in the prophecies of Daniel. This has resulted in the publication of a book, God in Control, and of several articles in theological journals. More recently, Dr Gurney wrote another book, Six-Day Creation: Does it matter what you believe?.
He is the brother of creationist ophthalmologist Peter W.V. Gurney.
- My Journey
- The pinnacle of Creation
- Evangelicals and biblical creation
- Naturalism in the light of reality
- Animal suffering and Western sensibility
- History and pseudo-history
- The carnivorous nature and suffering of animals
- Church leaders and natural disasters
- What about parasites?
- Is man a spiritualized hominid?