Dr Robert W. Carter
Speaker/senior scientist, Creation Ministries International (USA)
- 2003 University of Miami, Ph.D. Marine Biology
- 1992 Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S. Applied Biology
- Between my undergraduate and graduate work, I spent four years teaching high school science at a large college-prep school in NW Georgia. In addition to my teaching load (including AP biology, chemistry, physics, and electronics), I spent the winter months coaching the swimming and diving teams and the summer months running the outdoor high adventure program.
- In 1996, I was awarded the three-year Maytag doctoral fellowship by the University of Miami. When that expired, I received a one-year fellowship from the Institute for Marine Science. While working on my PhD, I designed and performed many experiments in marine ecology and genetic engineering and helped to develop new protocols for the rapid cloning of fluorescent protein genes. The green and red fluorescent proteins my coworker and I cloned from hard and soft corals were used to create transgenic zebrafish. We patented one of these protein genes and licensed it to Promega, Inc. under the trade name ‘Monster Green’.
- From 2001-2004, I helped design and build an aquaculture facility for Caribbean corals at UM’s Experimental Fish Hatchery. During these years I also performed over 500 research dives on the shallow coral reefs of the Florida Keys and Bahamas. Many of these were done at night to study the mass coral spawning episodes that happen at specific times during the warm summers.
- I spent two years after obtaining my PhD working for an engineering company, mainly focused on impact mitigation for the Key West Harbor dredging project (since the channel runs right through the coral reef).
- Upon leaving Miami, I was hired by the Institute for Creation Research to help on their GENE project. While there, I wrote computer programs to analyze human genetic data and managed to get one publication on this work into the secular literature.
- In 2006, I was hired by Creation Ministries International as a scientist, speaker, and writer.
Secular Publications and Patents
- Carter RW, Sanford, JC (2012) A new look at an old virus: mutation accumulation in the human H1N1 influenza virus since 1918. Theoretical Biology and Medical Modelling 9:42 | doi:10.1186/1742-4682-9-42.
- Carter RW (2007) Mitochondrial diversity within modern human populations. Nucleic Acids Research 35(9):3039–3045.
- Gibbs PDL, Carter RW, and Schmale MC (2007) Fluorescent Proteins from Aquatic Species. US Patent #7,291,711.
- Carter RW, Schmale MS, and Gibbs PDL (2004) Cloning of anthozoan fluorescent protein genes. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, Part C 138:259–270.
- Carter RW (2003) Cnidarian Fluorescent Proteins. PhD Dissertation. University of Miami.
- Manica A, Carter RW (2000) Morphological and fluorescence analysis of the Montastraea annularis species complex in Florida. Marine Biology 137:899–906.
Technical creationist papers (mainly Journal of Creation)
- Carter, R.W., and Powell, M., The genetic effects of the population bottleneck associated with the Genesis Flood, J. Creation 29(3):102–111, 2016
- Textual traditions and biblical chronology
- Finally setting the record straight—Christian views on the historicity of Adam through the ages (review of The Quest for the Historical Adam: Genesis, Hermeneutics, and Human Origins by William VanDoodewaard)
- Modelling biblical human population growth
- A troubling thesis–Nicholas Wade pushes an old view of the origin of races (review of A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History, by Nicholas Wade
- Reply to David Austin on The Biblical Minimum and Maximum Age of the Earth
- Reply to Earl Rodd on on More Evidence for the Reality of Genetic Entropy
- Reply to Daniel Jackson on ‘Ancient’ coral growth layers: yearly or monthly?
- The biblical minimum and maximum age of the earth
- More evidence for the reality of genetic entropy
- Inbreeding and the origin of races
- ‘Ancient’ coral growth layers
- The Neutral Model of evolution and recent African origins
- Can mutations create new information?
- Taking a crack at the Neandertal mitochondrial genome
- The slow, painful death of junk DNA
- The Neandertal mitochondrial genome does not support evolution
- The ‘Eve’ Mitochondrial Consensus Sequence, 6th International Conference on Creationism, 2008.
- Sanford, J. and Carter, R., In light of genetics … Adam, Eve, and the creation/fall, Christian Apologetics Journal 12:51–98, 2014.
Articles from Creation magazine
- Cosner, L., and Carter, R., The weird and wonderfully-designed sawfish, Creation 38(3):34–37, 2016
- Carter, R., From Atheism to Christ, Dr Robert Carter interviews molecular biologist Dr Yingguang Liu, Creation 38(1):26–29, 2016
- Carter, R., Human Cloning? Creation 37(4):28–29, 2015
- Carter, R., NASA scientist comes face to face with his Creator, Robert Carter interviews Dr Henry Richter, Creation 37(3):25–27, 2015.
- Evolutions’ Achilles’ Heels: A unique new book and DVD expose evolution’s fatal flaws
- Slaying yesterday’s dragons
- Aerospace Engineer professes creation
- Mammoth clones coming to a zoo near you
- How old was Cain when he killed Abel?
- Corals, genes and creation (interview with Dr Carter)
Articles from creation.com
- How to think (not what to think)
- Mutation accumulation rates are consistent with biblical creation (feedback)
- The four dimensional human genome defies naturalistic explanations
- Human/animal hybrids?
- Genetics questions answered
- Dinosaur-faced chickens?
- Why the Universe does not revolve around the Earth: Refuting absolute geocentrism
- Refuting geocentrism response
- A direct test of the flat earth model: flight times
- A flat earth, and other nonsense
- Did dinosaurs evolve into birds?
- Are women genetically superior to men?
- Is ‘mitochondrial Eve’ consistent with the biblical Eve?
- Platypus thumbs its nose (or bill) at evolutionary scientists
- Darwin’s dying legacy
- The Painted Neandertal: Ancient cosmetics are upsetting evolutionary stories
- An Ancient textile factory?
- A gentle answer; and the latest on “mitochondrial Eve”
- Neandertal genome like ours (There may be Neandertals at your next family reunion!)
- Splicing and dicing the human genome: Scientists begin to unravel the splicing code
- CMI ministers in the Caribbean
- CMI scientific blunder?
- The chimpanzee Y chromosome is radically different from human
- Y-chromosome Adam and Cambrian explosion
- Darwin’s Lamarckism vindicated?
- Five concise responses to atheistic arguments
- NCSE Gives ‘Favorable’ Review of The Voyage the Shook the World
- Genetics and geographical distribution
- How does Göbekli Tepe fit with biblical history?
- The Non-Mythical Adam and Eve! Refuting errors by Francis Collins and BioLogos
- Can mutations create new information?
- Could Adam and Eve have given rise to all the ‘races’?
- Genetic entropy and human lifespans
- Genetic Entropy and Simple Organisms
- Calibrating carbon dating
The great commission tells us to preach the Gospel to every nation. We might not be able to go there in the flesh but this site can penetrate every country on the globe. Help the world find 'creation'. Support this site