Dr Augusto Zimmermann PhD, LLB (Hon.), LLM cum laude, DipEd, CertIntArb
Dr Augusto Zimmermann is Head of Law and Professor at Sheridan College in Perth, Western Australia, and Professor of Law (adjunct) at the University of Notre Dame Australia, Sydney campus. In addition, Dr Zimmermann is a former Law Reform Commissioner with the Law Reform Commission of Western Australia (2012–2017). He has also served as Director of Postgraduate Research (2011–2012 and 2015–2017) and Associate Dean, Research (2010–2012) at Murdoch University School of Law. During his time at Murdoch University, Dr Zimmermann was awarded the 2012 Vice Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Research. He is also President of the Western Australian Legal Theory Association (WALTA), the Editor-in-Chief of the Western Australian Jurist law journal, and the author of numerous articles and books, including his 3-Volume collection on the Christian Foundations of the Common Law (Connor Court, 2018).
Some of his articles are:
- The spiritual roots of modern feminism, Journal of Creation 34(1):63–70
- Law and Creation (interview with Dr Zimmermann)
- The ‘Darwin’ of German legal theory—Carl von Savigny and the German School of Historical Law
- The Christian foundations of the rule of law in the West: a legacy of liberty and resistance against tyranny
- The Darwinian roots of the Nazi legal system
- Marxism, law and evolution: Marxist law in both theory and practice
Comments are automatically closed 14 days after publication.