- How we collect your information
- What happens if you do not provide your personal information
- How we use your information
- How you can access your personal information
- Cookies and local storage
- Maintenance of information
- CMI-Worldwide and mailing list protection
- Dealing with privacy complaints
- Changes to this statement
- Contact information
Creation Ministries International (CMI) is committed to helping maintain your privacy. We deeply appreciate that you’ve trusted us with personal information and we are committed to treating it confidentially. Below are specific guidelines describing how your information is used.
How we collect your information
CMI will collect your personal information from you directly whenever we can. Sometimes we obtain your personal information from third parties eg when someone wishes to send our products as gifts. If we obtain such information, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of that collection.
On our websites, you can provide contact information for ministry-related purposes, to order resources, to receive email updates and promotions, or to make ministry contributions.
The information that we may collect online includes:
- Contact Information: Name, organization, complete address, phone, email address.
- Payment Information: Method of payment, credit card or service ID, essential verification information.
- Shipping Information: Name, organization, complete shipping address, and phone.
- Promotional Information: How you found us, what prompted your interest and your areas of interest.
- Survey Information: contact information and demographics such as postal/zip code, age level, educational background, web site preferences, etc.
- Correspondence Information: Suggestions, comments, messages, questions and requests for further correspondence.
- Usage Information: IP address, browser type, operating system, date stamps, etc. (see Logs below).
Information we may collect through mail order, other correspondence or at ministry events includes (but is not limited to):
- Names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers.
- Detailed contact/shipping information for subscription to magazines, journals and newsletters.
CMI does not routinely collect, retain or otherwise store credit card information. We collect credit card information for mail and telephone orders, which is redacted after successful payment processing.
What happens if you do not provide the personal information we request
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, all that happens is CMI may not be able to provide you with a product or service.Back to Top
How we use your information
CMI is extremely careful with the personal information you provide. We will use it to:
- Respond to your correspondence, questions, comments, suggestions, thoughts, opinions, prayer requests, concerns or ideas to fulfil a resource request.
- Process your request for resources from our online bookstore(s).
- Contact you to confirm specific requests, deliver email or other newsletters you may request, inform you of new products and special offers, or provide information we think may be of particular interest to you.
- Continually update, develop, design and customize the content of our Web site to meet the needs, interests and requests of our audience.
- Publish comments and testimonials in ministry materials with reference to your name and/or location, provided that permission to do so is provided by you.
- Publish comments and testimonials in ministry materials without reference to your name but with reference to your state, if permission to reference your name has not been provided by you. Even where you have provided permission to reference your name, we generally only use first name plus initial of surname.
- We will always provide a way for you to be removed from our mailing lists.
CMI never sells, rents or leases personal information. Nor do we exchange any personal information with other organizations with the exception of organizations which may require these details to provide accommodation or similar services at CMI conferences.
CMI never exchanges the identity of its donors to others except as required by law.
While CMI contracts with printing, credit card verification, marketing, auditing, address correction and other like firms to help us in our work, use of your personal information by such firms is limited to the internal purposes of CMI.
Protection of CMI and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of CMI, our constituents, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How you can access your personal information
Simply contact us to request access to your personal information. Sometimes we might not be able to provide some of your personal information. If this happens we’ll tell you why. If it looks like it might take longer to retrieve your personal information than we first expected, we’ll tell you when it should be available.
This site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under our control. We utilize industry-standard secure server connections during the product ordering and donation process to ensure that your personal data is encrypted and securely transmitted over the Internet.
CMI uses log files to track trends, activity, and improve the overall user experience. These log files contain information about what domain you are coming from (e.g. AOL.com, Google.com), what browser software and system software you use, and what pages were visited on our site. This information may be shared among CMI employees, leadership and select vendors and may be archived for analysis in the future.Back to Top
Cookies and local storage
Cookies and local storage are industry-standard technologies that allows a website or app to store and retrieve data on a person’s computer, mobile phone or other device. While cookies are a short string based file, local storage can hold larger amounts of data for storage, caching and offline purposes.
Most web browsers offer settings to control whether or not to allow cookies or local storage. We recommend that cookies and local storage remain turned on to take full advantage of our website(s) and apps.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see https://cookies.insites.com/disable-cookies/.
The hyperlinks to other sites on this website are provided as an additional resource only and should not be seen as an endorsement, approval or agreement with any information or resources offered at sites accessed through our site. No inference or assumption should be made and no representation should be inferred that CMI is connected with, operates or controls these websites.
Maintenance of information
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as zip/postal code, phone, e-mail or postal address), or if you no longer desire to receive email updates, or other mailed correspondence, we provide a way to correct, update or deactivate such information. To update or remove your physical address from our mailing lists, see contact us page. To change your email address or remove yourself from any email lists, click on the update your profile link that is at the bottom of every email you receive from us.
CMI-Worldwide and mailing list protection
CMI is actually a grouping of autonomous ministries in several countries, ie Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, United Kingdom and USA, however we are bound together by agreement into a worldwide federation (for more details see this article) which also operates to seek to protect mailing lists. For instance, in the event of one of the member ministries changing its direction to no longer support the overall aims of CMI as a biblical (6 days, global flood, young world) creationist ministry, the Federation’s charter means that its mailing lists and certain other assets may not be used for such other purposes. This seeks to protect the interests of the donors to that ministry who are presumed to have given to a cause, rather than to any individual or organization per se.
Dealing with privacy complaints
If you believe there has been a breach of the privacy of your personal information we ask that you contact us. We endeavour to resolve all complaints promptly and fairly. Please include your email address, name, address and telephone number and clearly detail your complaint. We may need to share your information with others who can assist in responding to your complaint. We will respond to your complaint as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within 5 business days. Our response will inform you whether we have accepted your complaint, request further information, or advise that we do not think we are in breach. We will also let you know the next steps in resolving your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, or at any time, you may refer your complaint to the relevant government authority covering each of our offices:
CMI-Australia-Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
CMI-Canada – Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (www.priv.gc.ca)
CMI-New Zealand – Privacy Commissioner / Te Mana Matapono Matatapu (www.privacy.org.nz)
CMI-Singapore – Singapore Mediation Centre (www.mediation.com.sg)
CMI(UK/Europe) Ltd – Annually, we apply to renew our Certificate of Registration, ensuring compliance with Data Protection legislation.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, registration ref: Z1097390; ico.org.uk
Changes to this statement
CMI reserves the right to make changes to this privacy statement and its associated policies at any time and requests that you review this statement periodically for updates.
If you have questions or concerns about any information on this page, or wish to complain about a possible breach of your privacy, please contact us.
Comments are automatically closed 14 days after publication.