Ilanah is a Dutch clinical neuroscientist who obtained her bachelors in Health & Life Sciences and her research master in Neurosciences. She worked as a junior lecturer in the Free University of Amsterdam where she obtained her qualification for higher education and she is currently working on her PhD Research in the Erasmus Medical Center of Rotterdam (The Netherlands).
Ilanah was raised with the Christian faith and became a personal believer when she was in high-school. She has contributed to various podcasts for “Godgericht in gesprek” and has translated and written several articles on the Christian faith which can be found on Geloofstoerusting.nl. She has also given talks on the brain & mind discussion for, e.g., Logos Instituut, which is the major Dutch organisation supporting biblical creationism.
Selected technical publications:
- Weeda, M.M., Pruis, I., Westerveld, A.S.R. & Brouwer, I., Damage in the thalamocortical tracts is associated with subsequent thalamus atrophy in early Multiple Sclerosis, Front. Neurol. 11 | doi.org/10.3389/fneur.2020.575611, 17 November 2020.
- Pruis, I., van Dongen, G.A.M.S., & Veldhuijzen van Zanten, S.E.M., The added value of diagnostic and theranostic PET imaging for the treatment of CNS tumors, Int. J. Molec. Sci. 21(3):1029, 4 Feb 2020.
- Pruis, I., Koene, S.R., van der Voort, S.R., Incekara, F., Vincent, A.J.P.E., van den Bent, M.J., Lycklama à Nijeholt, G.J., Nandoe Tewarie, R.D.S., Veldhuijzen van Zanten, S.E.M, & Smits, M., Noninvasive differentiation of molecular subtypes of adult non-enhancing glioma using MRI perfusion and diffusion parameters, Neuro-Oncology Advances| doi.org/10.1093/noajnl/vdac023, 4 Feb 2020.
- Han, Y., Bruls, R., Soyman, E., Thomas, R.M., Pentaraki, V., Jelinek, N., Heinemans, M., Bassez, l., Verschooren, S., Pruis, I., Van Lierde, T., Carrillo, N., Gazzola, V., Carrillo, M. & Keysers, C., Bidirectional cingulate-dependent danger information transfer across rats, Plos Biology | doi.org/10.1371/journal.pbio.3000524, 5 Dec 2019.
- Verfaillie, S.C.J., Witteman, J., Slot, R.E.R. & Pruis, I., High amyloid burden is associated with fewer specific words during spontaneous speech in individuals with subjective cognitive decline, Neuropsychologia | DOI:10.1016/j.neuropsychologia.2019.05.006, May 2019.
- Han, Y., Bruls, R., Thomas, R.M., Pentaraki, V., Jelinek, N., Heinemans, M., Bassez, l., Verschooren, S., Pruis, I., Van Lierde, T., Carrillo, N., Gazzola, V., Carrillo, M. & Keysers, C., Cingulate dependent social risk assessment in rats, pre-print | DOI:10.1101/452169, Oct 2018.
- Verfaillie, S.C.J., Witteman, J., Slot, R.E.R., Pruis, I., The effects of amyloid on semantic complexity in spontaneous speech in subjective cognitive decline, Alzheimer’s & dementia: the journal of the Alzheimer’s Association 13(7):P821–P822, July 2017.
- Carrillo, M., Migliorati, F., Bruls, B., Han, Y., Heinemans, M., Pruis I., Gazzola, V. & Keysers, C., Repeated witnessing of conspecifics in pain: effects on emotional contagion, Plos ONE | doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0136979, 10 Sept 2015.