Jules H. Poirier
Specialist design engineer (aeronautics and electronics)
Jules H. Poirier (pictured above next to a Gemini space capsule) has worked for the U.S. Navy, Ryan Aeronautics and the Electronics Division of Convair, as a senior electronic design specialist engineer for some high-powered defence and space projects. During his professional career, Jules Poirier was responsible for many design solutions and innovations which helped the U.S. defence forces and the space program. For example, the Saturn radar pulse altimeter and other navigational equipment, including special circuits used in the Apollo moon missions (several of these are still on the moon). He studied electrical engineering, physics and mathematics at the University of California at Berkeley.
As a professional designer, Jules, who became converted to Christ ‘by reading the Bible’, has long been fascinated by the incredible design features of the monarch butterfly, including the navigational feats in the article on this page. He is is author of the book From Darkness to Light to Flight: Monarch: the Miracle Butterfly. His recent book for families is called The Life and Adventures of Monica Monarch (Master Books, Green Forest, Arkansas, 1997). In addition to cartoons, it features full-colour photography (including scanning electron micrographs).
Back to Scientists alive today who accept the biblical account for creation
- Be constructive & courteous. Don't attack individuals, denominations, or other organizations.
- Stay on-topic. We're not here to debate matters like eschatology, baptism, or Bible translation.
- Links to external sites and articles will be removed from your submission.
Privacy & Content Ownership
- Comments become the property of Creation Ministries International upon submission and may be edited for brevity and clarity.
- CMI may choose not to publish your comment depending on how well it fits the guidelines outlined above.
- By submitting your comment you are agreeing to receive email updates from Creation Ministries International. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- If your comment is published, your name will be displayed as ""