Mark graduated with honours in Geological Engineering in 1986 and completed a Masters degree specialising in Hydrogeology in 1990, from the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada. After working for a number of years in geology at various locations in British Columbia, he was persuaded to move to the warmer climate of Australia, by his Australian wife, Melena. In Australia he worked as a Geotechnical and Hydrogeological Consulting Engineer and as a Hydrogeologist and Technical Superintendent for a mineral sand mining operation.
‘In geology class one of my lecturers went out of his way to ridicule Bishop Ussher’s date of 4004 BC for the age of the earth and my 1st year chemistry professor told us that people that don’t believe in evolution are ignorant fools. Fortunately a few years later a friend told me about Creation magazine and, reading it, I realized that the long-age evolutionary story in the text books is built upon unproveable, weak assumptions. It allowed me to critically question what I had been taught to accept as fact.
‘Christianity is not just a mental or spiritual exercise; it has real foundations in history from the very beginning. To call people to trust in the Jesus of the Bible, Christians need to themselves trust the Bible from the very first verse. We need to understand our true history and be able to answer questions about evolution and millions of years.’
Mark and Melena’s three home-schooled children are also keen supporters of CMI's ministry.
- Be constructive & courteous. Don't attack individuals, denominations, or other organizations.
- Stay on-topic. We're not here to debate matters like eschatology, baptism, or Bible translation.
- Links to external sites and articles will be removed from your submission.
Privacy & Content Ownership
- Comments become the property of Creation Ministries International upon submission and may be edited for brevity and clarity.
- CMI may choose not to publish your comment depending on how well it fits the guidelines outlined above.
- By submitting your comment you are agreeing to receive email updates from Creation Ministries International. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- If your comment is published, your name will be displayed as ""