Dr Noel Weeks earned a B.Sc. (Honors in Zoology) from the University of New England, Armidale (Australia), a B.D. and Th.M. from Westminster Theological Seminary, and a Ph.D. (Mediterranean Studies, dealing with some of the Nuzi texts) from Brandeis University, Massachusetts. He is a Senior Lecturer in Ancient History at the University of Sydney, and is an Associate of their Department of Classics and Ancient History, with an interest in the Ancient Near East, specializing in Mesopotamia and Israel, and the Akkadian Language.
He is the author of the book The Sufficiency of Scripture, Banner of Truth, 1988 (see review) and has written the following articles published by CMI:
- Savages and ancestors: A historian looks at the idea of human evolution before Darwin
- Darwin and the search for an evolutionary mechanism
- The fall into sin
- After evolution what?
- Problems in methods of interpretation—Genesis 1–11
- Does the Bible really teach a three-storey cosmology?
- The church v Galileo: how the church accepted the science of its day