Shaun has a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science with first class honours, specializing in Soil Science, and a Graduate Diploma in Natural Resource Studies—both from the University of Queensland, Brisbane.
He became a creationist before he became a Christian, in his first university year. This helped him form a solid foundation on the Word of God that was able to withstand the evolutionary attacks levelled at his ‘young’ faith at university.
From 2005 to 2008, and again from 2010 until the present Shaun has worked for CMI as an editor and reviewer for the Journal of Creation, and has written numerous articles for Creation magazine, Journal of Creation, and CMI’s website creation.com.
Journal of Creation (formerly TJ) articles
- Worldviews, logic, and earth’s age—part 2
- Worldviews, logic, and earth’s age—part 1
- No keeper’s brother
- Defining arguments away—the distorted language of secularism
- Does biological advantage imply biological origin?
- ‘Transitional form’ in mammal ear evolution—more cacophony
- Cladistics, evolution and the fossils
- Antifreeze protein evolution: turning wrenches into hammers
- Walking sharks: evolution in action? and (Pre-publication version)
- Feathery flight of fancy
- Big birdosaur blues and (Pre-publication version)
- Serial cell differentiation: intricate system of design and (Pre-publication version)
- Vestigial arguments: remnants of evolution and (Pre-publication version)
- Large scale function for ‘endogenous retroviruses’
- Panderichthys—a fish with fingers? and (Pre-publication version)
- Evolution of multicellularity: what is required?
- Earliest multicellular life? and (Pre-publication version)
- ‘Oldest’ fossil shrimp? and (Pre-publcation version)
- Photosynthetic sea slugs: an evolutionary enigma
- The diminishing returns of beneficial mutations and (Pre-publicaton version)
- Lizards moving from eggs to live birth: evolution in action? and (Pre-publication version)
Creation magazine articles
- Einstein’s Heroes—biblical creationists
- Abraham Ulrikab—the ‘zoo exhibit’ who could write
- Termite mounds: cities in miniature
- A gorge in three days! (Pre-publication version)
- Squirrel evolution? (Pre-publication version)
- The real ‘Jurassic Park’?
- Stone Age Atlantis
- Fishy arms and legs
- Evidence for young-earth creationism
- Using buzzwords to divide and deride
- Do I have to believe in a historical Genesis to be saved?
- The good news without the bad news is no news at all!
- CSI and evolution
- The Simpsons and Scopes: Making a mockery out of the Maker
- Making a man out of a chimp
- ‘Glacier Girl’ on a mission
- Creation in Kazakhstan
- Heresy in Israel! Chief education scientist dismissed for denying evolution and global warming
- Biologos and the age of the earth: Pushing an anti-biblical doctrine
- The ‘giant footprint’ of South Africa
- Noah’s comet?
- Deep time doesn’t make sense!
- Basics of biblical biology
- The ‘artificial life’ deception
- The good, the bad and the evolutionary
- More musings on our ‘useless’ appendix
- Where are the emperor’s clothes?
- No sale for Darwin
- Bacteria not made of arsenic after all
- Doubts about hyped–up planet
- Extrasolar planet “100% likely” to have life?
- NASA’s ‘ET’ suffered arsenic poisoning!
- Fossil ETs on meteorites? Why should we believe the hype this time?
- Order in the fossil record—How can Noah’s Flood explain it?
- Squishosaur scepticism squashed
- The slow rise of dinosaurs
- ‘Jurassic Park’ feathers?
- Feather fossil fantasy
- Ventastega—not a leg to stand on
- Tiktaalik—sticking its head out of water?
- ‘Remarkable’ mammal hairs in amber?
- Floating fish and fossil fables
- Ghosts in the rocks
- Ediacaran ‘explosion’
- Questions about Mormon theology
- Did Adam and Eve have to eat before the Fall?
- Is God obscure and arbitrary in what He wants from us?
- Know thy enemy
- Are we made in God’s bodily likeness?
- Was the Garden of Eden a ‘sanctuary’ from a hostile outside world?
- Why would Christians be hostile to biblical creation?
- Keeping debates on topic
- The spiritual death of the Adam tribe?
- Spacetime and the Trinity
- Flood geology vs secular catastrophism
- Does yom with a number always refer to 24-hour days?
- The Bible: Jewish folklore and nothing more?
- Thinking biblically about termites and lizards
- Science, history, and the Bible
- Mudskippers and apemen: How useful are cladograms and ‘transitional’ creatures as evidence for evolution?
- Is DNA coded information?
- Is God ‘simple’?
- Mangling misotheism (feedback)
- Evolution exams and fossil fallacies
- Do creationists have to resort to secular ideas to explain geology and astronomy?
- The importance of correct history and theology
- ‘Lucy’ walking upright, and atheism and science
- Simplified sardine arguments and ‘sacking’ heretics
- Common ground with old-earth creationists?
- Distant starlight and the days of Genesis 1
- ‘Natural law’ in the Creation Week?
- Evolution of multicellular yeast observed in the lab?
- When skeptics ask: Big bang blowups and the moon age mystery