Genesis Questions and Answers
Confused about what Genesis means? Drawing on more than 30 years of CMI’s pool of scientific research from around the world, we have developed Genesis Verse-by-Verse, an easy-to-use Genesis Bible study tool. This research is linked directly to verses in Genesis clearing up the confusion about how science fits with Genesis. Simply search for a verse in Genesis to find related articles with in-depth information.
- Did God create over billions of years?
- Did God really take six days? (from the Creation Answers Book)
- Genesis as ancient historical narrative
- Genesis: Bible authors believed it to be history (available in Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Finnish and Russian)
- Which is the recent aberration? Old-Earth or Young-Earth Belief
- Modern-era theologians and prominent church leaders who uphold biblical creation
Should Genesis be taken literally?
- Morning has broken … but when?
- Should Genesis be taken literally?
- Genesis: Myth or History?
- Is the raqiya’ (‘firmament‘) a solid dome?
- Problems in methods of interpretation—Genesis 1–11: Part 1 and Part 2
How long were the days mentioned in the Biblical creation account?
- How long were the days of Genesis 1?
- The numbering pattern of Genesis (from the Creation Answers Book)
- Hebrew scholar Dr Ting Wang affirms that Genesis means what it says!
- Old Testament scholar Dr Robert McCabe affirms Genesis means what it says!
- Genesis according to evolution
- Evenings and mornings
- Days of Revelation or Creation?
- How could the days of Genesis 1 be literal if the sun wasn’t created until Day 4? (available in Spanish)
- 2 Peter 3:8—“one day is like a thousand years”
- Does Genesis 2:4 refute literal creation days?
- “ … when Yahweh God made the earth and the heavens”, a proposal for the right translation of בְּיוֹם [bəyôm] in Genesis 2:4
- Does yom with a number always refer to 24-hour days?
Do Genesis 1 and 2 contradict each other?
- Genesis 1 and 2: complementary not contradictory
- What’s in a name? The terms for God in Genesis 1 and 2: no contradiction!
Are the Genesis genealogies meant to be taken as strict chronologies?
- Are there gaps in the biblical genealogies?
- Biblical chronogenealogies
- The Genesis 5 and 11 fluidity question
- Why Genesis 5 is a key chapter in the Bible
Was Adam the real historical first man?
- Adam and Eve
- First Adam—last Adam: Both are vital to the Gospel … but exactly how?
- Was Adam a UFO (unidentified figurative object)?
- Romans 5:12–21: Paul’s view of literal Adam
- Pre-Adamic man: were there human beings on Earth before Adam?
- Made in the image of God
- Regenerating ribs: Adam and that ‘missing’ rib (available in Spanish)
- Adam and the immune system
- Eve created from Adam’s rib
What about the Garden of Eden? What about the serpent?
- How could Adam have named all the animals in a single day?
- Did Eve lie before the Fall?
- The Garden of Eden Found?
- Snakes do eat dust
- Who was the Serpent?
- What about the Snake in the Garden of Eden?
Who was Cain’s wife?
- Where did Cain find his wife?(from the Creation Answers Book)
- Cain’s wife and brother-sister intermarriage
Jesus and the rest of the Bible on Genesis
- What the New Testament doesn’t say
- The use of Genesis in the New Testament
- Jesus on the age of the earth
- What does the New Testament say about Creation?
- But from the beginning of … the institution of marriage?
- The Resurrection and Genesis
- Christ as the Last Adam: Paul’s use of the creation narrative in 1 Corinthians 15 (PDF)
- Quotations in the New Testament: Do they mean that the quoted book is totally authoritative?
- The new earth
How has Genesis 1–11 been understood throughout history?
- The early church believed Genesis as written
- Does Genesis allow any scientific theory of origin? A response to J.P. Dickson
- Genesis 1 and theories of origin
- Creation days and Orthodox Jewish tradition
- Josephus says, Genesis means what it says
- Genesis means what it says according to great Church Father, Basil of Caesarea
- Augustine: young earth creationist
- How did Philo, Clement, and Augustine interpret Genesis 1?
- Roman Catholicism and Genesis
- Eastern Orthodoxy and Genesis
- Luther on Evolution
- Calvin says: Genesis means what it says
- The Church Fathers on the Genesis Flood
- British scriptural geologists in the first half of the nineteenth century
Who really wrote Genesis? Was Genesis copied from pagan mythology?
- Did Moses really write Genesis?
- Debunking the Documentary Hypothesis
- Noah’s Flood and the Gilgamesh Epic
- A comparative study of the flood accounts in the Gilgamesh Epic and Genesis
- Ancient Near Eastern cosmogonies and Genesis 1