As a speaker for CMI-Canada, Jim brings a scientifically up-to-date, faith-building message to churches across Canada.
Jim is a Harvard graduate (BA, cum laude). He also has an MA from the University of British Columbia and a Diploma of Theology from Ottawa Theological Hall. He has written extensively, including articles published in several technology journals, an historical romance novel (set in Spain during the early Reformation period), serialized a commentary on Genesis 1-11 on his congregation’s web site, and has published in creation-science journals including CMI’s Journal of Creation.
He began his career as an urban planner in Sudbury and most recently was responsible for business analysis and software development methods and tools for a major technology company. He has managed large, complex, systems integration and software development projects, and wrote a technology blog on his company’s web site. He taught Statistics for the Behavioural Sciences at Tyndale University College for ten years. He also served on the Board of the Pregnancy Care Centre in Toronto for over twenty-five years. Jim and his wife Lillian live in Scarborough, ON and have six children and 11 grandchildren.
- The Universe Isn’t Old, It’s Just Tired!
- Naturally caffeine-free tea
- The multiple ‘Adams’ of Scripture
- The Adams of Scripture
- Pain: A consequence of the curse, not from evolutionary processes
- Bible interpretation guidelines
- Magnetic navigation
- Creation is a foundational truth
- The war on fossil fuels vs God’s providence in a fallen world
- The Seven-Day Week. Where did the seven-day week come from?
- Does intelligent extraterrestrial life exist?
- Ethical treatment of animals
- The Genesis genealogies
- Nimrod: The first post-Flood tyrant and empire builder
- Which Persian monarch was the Ahasuerus of the Book of Esther?
- Mathematics: From the mind of God
- Prewired language processing
- What does it mean to be a “living creature”?
- The world’s oldest alphabet