Although he committed his life to Christ at the age of 19, Scott was introduced to the relevance of the creation/evolution issue when a friend, who was also a paleontologist, demonstrated to him how scientific evidence made more sense when interpreted in the light of the Bible’s clearly written account of history. This ignited a blaze of desire to get answers to tough questions that had plagued his mind for years.
With his own worldview and his relationship to Christ energized, Scott now uses the evidence for creation to help change hearts and minds for Christ with easy-to-understand presentations that uphold the authority of God’s Word. Scott’s desire is to similarly equip others to be ready with answers (1 Peter 3:15) to impact their world.
Scott holds a B.A. in Religious Studies from Oregon State University. He served in various capacities for over 25 years as a youth pastor, council member, teacher, and speaker, before serving as COO for Creation Ministries International (US) from 2010 to 2020.
Scott has returned ‘home’ to Northern California where he resides with his wife, Lisa, and remains as a speaker for Creation Ministries International (US). They have four adult children and two precious grandchildren.See a sample video of Scott Gillis:
- Creation: Impacting our Culture
- Ancillary Talks: Ideal for Sunday School hours, breakfasts, public meetings (2nd talk)
- Dinosaurs and the Bible
- Where did the different races come from?
- Why do bad things happen to good people?
- Six Days, Really?
- Understanding Natural Selection
- Living out the faith in a Christless culture
- Unnatural selection: CRISPR on Netflix
- Revisiting the FALLOUT!
- The hummingbird: creation’s superhero
- From atheist to Christian
- Swimming with sharks
- Billy Graham: 1918–2018
- Pastor Andy Stanley says the Bible is too hard to defend
- Racial reconciliation: The Gospel is the answer
- It’s storytime!: BioLogos’ serpentine retelling of Genesis
- Eight churches unite to oppose apostasy
- Questions about Mormon theology
- A watchman for the Lord
- God’s Not Dead movie review
- Clash over worldviews
- What percentage is acceptable to you?
- The tide is changing …
- More ‘monkey business’ in Tennessee?