United States | Change Country
& Ch 1
Unit One Quiz
The Weather Book, by Michael Oard.
- What effect does the moon have on the Earth?
- Why is the tilt of the Earth important to the weather?
- Name the seven components of weather.
- What are the five forms of precipitation?
- How does the distance from the ocean cause the weather to be affected?
- Why is the Antarctic ice sheet called a polar desert?
- Which is associated with good weather, high or low areas of pressure?
- What is the jet stream?
- What is one of the major problems that an El Niño brings to the people of Peru and Ecuador?
- The pull of the moon on the oceans is the main cause of the tides.
- A smaller tilt would cause the higher latitudes to be too cold. This would bring about an ice age. A greater tilt would make the climates more unstable.
- The seven components of weather are: wind direction, wind speed, visibility, water vapor, air pressure, cloud condition, and air quality.
- The five forms of precipitation are: rain, freezing rain, snow, hail, and drizzle.
- The closer the distance to the ocean, the wetter the climate.
- A large portion of the Antarctic ice sheet normally receives an inch of precipitation per year.
- High pressure areas are generally areas of good weather.
- The jet stream is a ribbon of high speed wind in the upper atmosphere.
- El Niño brings poor fishing, heavy rains, flooding, thunderstorms, and mud slides.
It has been said that “Information is power”. When it comes to creation information we’d have to agree. Keep the ‘powerful’ evidence for God being Creator coming. Support this site
In your shopping cart
Remove All Products in Cart
Total price does not include shipping costs. Prices subject to change in accordance with your country’s store.