Geology Questions and Answers
- Genesis and catastrophe
- Shifting sands
- Geology and the Young Earth
- The earth: how old does it look?
- What about continental drift?
- The origin of old-Earth geology and its ramifications for life in the 21st century
Was geological uniformitarianism the result of dispassionate scientific enquiry?
- Charles Lyell’s hidden agenda—to free science “from Moses”
- Mineral evolution: What’s next? Geobiology or biogeology?
- Hutton’s a priori commitment to materialism
- The man who made the wedge: James Hutton and the overthrow of biblical authority
- St Hutton’s Hagiography
- Analogy and geology—the ‘science’ of Charles Lyell
Can geological structures that we see today be explained by a global Flood?
- Australia’s remarkable Red Centre
- How Wilpena Pound, Australia, formed
- A classic tillite reclassified as a submarine debris flow
- Seeing Noah’s Flood in geological maps
- Can Flood geology explain thick chalk beds?
- The collapse of ‘geologic time’!
- Devils Tower can be explained by floodwater runoff
- Fluidisation pipes: evidence of large-scale watery catastrophe
- Paleosols: digging deeper buries ‘challenge’ to Flood geology
- Peperite: more evidence of large-scale watery catastrophe
- The Yellowstone petrified forest
- Three sisters: evidence for Noah’s Flood
- Uluru and Kata Tjuta: Testimony to the Flood
- Many arches and natural bridges likely from the Flood
Can canyons be formed quickly?
- Massive erosion on California’s Oroville Dam
- Canyon creation
- Canyon in six days!
- Grand Canyon: startling evidence for Noah’s Flood
- Grand Canyon strata show geologic time is imaginary
- How old is Grand Canyon?
How were the earth’s coal beds formed? How is coal a problem for belief in long ages?
- Confusion over mining plans and coal deposits
- Coal: memorial to the Flood
- Forests that grew on water
- The salinity of a floating forest
- Too much coal for a young earth?
How were limestone caves formed? How long does it need?
- Rapid cave formation by sulfuric acid dissolution
- Limestone caves: a result of Noah’s Flood?
- Caves for all seasons
- The age of the Jenolan Caves, Australia
How does the Flood explain stalagmites, stalactites and other speleothems?
Is there evidence that rocks and gems formed in the biblical timeframe?
- Granite grain size: not a problem for rapid cooling of plutons
- The rapid formation of granitic rocks: more evidence
- Granite formation: catastrophic in its suddenness
- Keys to rapid rock formation
- Rapid rock
- Sandy Surprise
- Mud experiments overturn long-held geological beliefs
- Creating opals
- Microscopic diamonds confound geologists
- Warped earth
- ‘Flat gaps’ in sedimentary rock layers challenge long geologic ages
How do petrified man-made objects support the biblical timescale?
How did many fine layers of rock form?
- Green River Blues
- Sandy Stripes: Do many layers mean many years?
- Sedimentation Experiments—Nature finally catches up!
- Experiments on Lamination of Sediments
- Experiments on stratification of heterogeneous sand mixtures
- Soil formation and the age of the earth
What other evidence is there of geological structures forming quickly?
- Surtsey, the young island that looks old!
- Surtsey still surprises
- Niagara Falls and the Bible
- Rivers, rocks and … Shakespeare
- The story that won’t be told
- Tuluman—A test of time
What is ‘catastrophic plate tectonics’? Is it consistent with the Scriptures?
- Forum on catastrophic plate tectonics
- Probing the earth’s Deep Places
- The Wilson cycle: a serious problem for catastrophic plate tectonics
Related Q&A pages
Ken E. wrote: “I just wanted to drop a note to express my gratitude for the kind of information you supply at the CMI web-site. I love science and find it thrilling to see how it may be used to glorify God and build faith in Him.” Glorify God in His creation. Support this site