Phil Robinson gained his Bachelor of Education degree from Stranmillis University College in Religious Studies, with a subsidiary in Physical Education and has a Masters of Divinity degree from Union Theological College. While studying for his B.Ed., he had the opportunity to take part in the Erasmus student exchange programme which involved teaching and studying in Copenhagen for five months. He used his spare time to explore his Christian faith in a deeper way and to obtain answers to several questions in his thinking. In particular, although Phil was a convinced young earth creationist, he didn’t really understand the full implications of this nor how to properly defend the biblical account of origins.
When he returned from Denmark, this issue burned in his heart and he knew that he wanted to get involved in teaching other Christians more about this important issue and to use it as a method of evangelism. For example, he has been involved with Ultimate Questions, a ‘Creation Trailer’ ministry in Northern Ireland since 2005. The following year, he founded Creation Outreach Ministries in Northern Ireland, together with eight other keen Christians, and has experience in giving talks and PowerPoint presentations in churches, to youth groups and school classes.
Phil is a qualified coach for several sports (and enjoys playing many of these himself), an experienced Beach Missions team member and was a Youth club leader at his local church. He writes, “I believe that when dealing with youth, or indeed Christians of any age, it is incredibly important to give them a strong biblical worldview and overview so that, unlike myself in my late teens, they will be fully equipped and have the resources to answer their own questions and those put to them by others.”
Phil Robinson worked for CMI-UK as a full time speaker/writer from February to August 2009, principally as the UK’s ‘Darwin Film Coordinator’. He is married and now continues as an associate speaker/writer for CMI in a voluntary capacity.
B.Ed. (1st class honours), Stranmillis University College, Northern Ireland.
M.Div., Union Theological College, Northern Ireland.
- Unique yellow penguin sighted
- How would your child draw Noah’s Ark?
- The fingerprintless family. A beneficial evolutionary mutation?
- Göbekli Tepe shows evidence of geometric planning with Robert Carter
- Putting death in its context
- Fake spider fossil passes peer review!
- Separating fact from fiction in a farcical story!
- A pterosaur in the Flood waters?
- A swimming school of fish fossilized in real time
- High-definition dinosaur skin traces left during a rain shower
- Leonardo’s dragon
- Are the doctrines of Creation stand-alone?
- Preserving God’s image in the face of death: Important lessons in remembering World War 1
- What would Noah have observed coming off the Ark?
- The prophet Isaiah’s signature?
- Artificial wombs may help extremely premature babies
- “A shadow of disbelief is still thick over me”
- Censorship of happy Down syndrome children
- Sorry, how many feathers did you find?
- An inconsistent society – An upside down view of Down’s syndrome abortion
- An infuriated and vindictive God?
- Why did Jesus wear a crown of thorns?
- Identified remains in Idaho raise big questions for anthropologists
- Dawkins: ‘You don’t get your moral compass from religion’
- New South Pacific island shows fast-forming geology
- Brontosaurus is back!
- Snowmen–Wintery figures point to design!
- More than a pile of stones
- UK hospitals heated by incinerated babies
- The attack on biblical creation in UK schools continues
- How Genesis 13 undermines the ‘gap theory’
- A road trip with a difference!
- Probably no God?
- The Genesis enigma: more drivel
- Godly lessons from evolution superheroes
- Roots are important!
- Using your talent
- The parable of the two computer programs
Creation magazine articles
- Kangaroos in India?
- Ammonite in amber
- The giant that shouldn’t be
- Fantastic far-reaching foxtrot
- Soft tissue preservation in a ‘Jurassic’ ichthyosaur
- Thunder lizard handstands
- Spiders and ants inspire an unsinkable metal structure
- DNA detected in duckbilled dino
- A painting ‘95 million years’ in the making?
- Dinosaur footprint treasure trove found in Britain
- ‘Oldest’ biological colour discovered
- The biggest dinosaur eggs. Just how big were they, and what are the implications for the Ark?
- A Chinese Camarasaurus?
- An eggcellent design
- The surprising ‘belwhal’
- The red blanket: The red fox in Australia—helping us understand migration after the Genesis Flood
- Dragons on Noah’s Ark
- Noah’s Ark on a Roman coin!
- Longest recorded fossil drag mark
- Mummified lion cubs in Siberian deep freeze
- The cartoonification of Noah’s Ark
- Three become one: Two fish and a pterosaur locked in a fatal struggle