by Dr Jonathan Sarfati
Table of Contents
Facts & Bias
Variation and Natural Selection Versus Evolution
The Links Are Missing
Humans: Images of God or Advanced Apes?
How Old Is the Earth?
Is the Design Explanation Legitimate?
Chapter 7: Astronomy
- Explain (in general) the ‘big bang’ idea for the formation of the universe. List the Biblical and scientific problems with accepting this concept.
- What is the ‘nebular hypothesis’? Describe the problems associated with it.
Some skeptics claim that ‘evolution is as scientific as the Earth revolving
around the Sun.’ How would you answer such a question?
- Is evolution as scientific as the Earth revolving around the Sun? for one possible answer
Does the Bible teach that the Earth is flat, as many claim it does?
- See pages 91-95 and Q&A: Astronomy for additional information.
- See pages 95-97 and Q&A: Astronomy for additional information.
- See Q&A: Geocentricism for additional information. Evolution is an idea about past events, not an observable, testable event. On the other hand, scientists can conduct experiments and make observations which indicate that the Earth revolves around the sun.
- See page 97-98 and Q&A: Flat Earth for additional information.