Although Keaton was converted to Christ as a young boy, for years he had unanswered questions about why evolution and the evidence he learned in science classes was not consistent with the Bible stories he heard in church. It wasn’t until his senior year of high school that he first heard a creation speaker explain how the geological evidence, dinosaurs, and biological complexity were completely consistent with the Bible’s historical account. To this day, Keaton has dedicated himself to not only get equipped with an in-depth knowledge about the crucial issues of creation, but has used that information to help others get answers for themselves.
After receiving a B.A. in Visual Communications from Judson University, Keaton worked as a Graphic Designer for a major Christian publication. Wanting to be more effective in reaching our culture with the Bible’s truth, Keaton also earned a Master’s degree in Christian Apologetics from Biola University. As a member of a local creation group in his home state of Illinois, Keaton gained valuable experience in communicating the relevance of the Genesis account of creation to the Gospel’s big picture.
As a fully accredited speaker with CMI, Keaton’s passion is to share this life-changing message with others who may be struggling with the same questions that he once had. His easy-to-understand presentations uphold the authority of God’s Word, and will spur on the faith of believers and greatly encourage them to get equipped so that they too can effectively share their faith with others.
- Evidence for Saul, David, and Solomon
- Discovered—monumental inscriptions of King Hezekiah!
- Exodus evidence revisited
- The Balaam inscription from Deir ‘Alla
- Early alphabetic writing found in Israel
- Canaanite Hazor—the Bible got it right!
- When God rescued King Hezekiah, part 1
- When God rescued King Hezekiah, part 2
- When God rescued King Hezekiah, part 3
- Belshazzar: The second most powerful man in Babylon
- Jericho after Joshua’s destruction
- Archaeology supports the Bible
- New survey of biblical archaeology (with Lita Sanders)
- Memory, the brain, and the soul
- Mankind undone: the evolutionary identity crisis — A review of The Human Instinct by Kenneth R. Miller
- Can atheism possibly explain morality and reason?
- Can evolution produce rational minds?
- Monkey minds: How evolution undercuts reason and science
- Did God create an ‘open’ universe? (with Lita Sanders)
- Does your brain make your decisions before you do?
- Does the soul violate physics?
- Christian philosopher sees no conflict with evolution
- The god-of-the-gaps charge doesn’t stick
- Objections to the logic of design
- The ‘waters above’ in Genesis 1—a brief survey of competing interpretations
- Biblical heavens and the language of appearance
- The ‘waters above’ do not surround all galaxies: a critique of the ‘cosmic shell’ interpretation of Genesis 1:6–8
- The ‘windows of heaven’ are figurative. Reading a ‘solid sky’ into a biblical metaphor is a big mistake
- Top Ten Biblical Problems for Young Earth Creationism—Answered
- Is Genesis 1 only about functional creation?
- Keen insights into Genesis 1–3 flawed by analogical days approach — A review of Interpreting Eden: A guide to faithfully reading and understanding Genesis 1–3 by Vern S. Poythress
- The Flood was historically global, not hyperbolically global — A review of The Lost World of the Flood by Tremper Longman III and John H. Walton
- John Walton reimagines Adam and Eve — A review of The Lost World of Adam and Eve by John H. Walton
- Pre-Fall seafood
- Foliage in fast forward
- BioLogos misreads Jesus on the age of the earth
- Faltering on the Flood (with Gary Bates)
- Incest in Noah’s family?
- God’s rest—A problem for theistic evolution
- ‘From the beginning of creation’—what did Jesus mean?
- Adam and Eve: their lifespans and eternal destinies
- Adam’s helper and God’s foreknowledge
- Faith renewed
- Guidance to understand Scripture
- Does CMI’s commitment to Scripture mean we throw out contrary evidence?
- Does the Old Testament reveal the Trinity?
- Treasure in the Trinity—Why the Trinity is an asset, not a liability
- Does the New Testament claim to be God’s Word?
- Standing up for the biblical doctrines of Hell and the Trinity
- Why did God create Satan?
- The Bible: written by mere men?
- Are women made in God’s image?
- Why is there only one God?
- How do we love our neighbor? (with Gary Bates and Lita Sanders)
Astronomy and Cosmology
- What does the Bible mean by “heaven of heavens”?
- The Mesopotamian sun god tablet and biblical cosmology
- No, the Bible doesn’t teach that stars were glued to a canopy
- Why so many planets?
- That heavenly stretching business
- Why marriage matters
- Evolution cannot take credit for morality
- Does the Bible support the use of abortifacients?
- Reader claims Jesus approves of his same-sex marriage
- Answering a moral relativist
- Cultural Relativism and Morality
- How gay marriage harms people
- Does the Bible condone polygamy?
- Evolution exonerated?
- Rational scientists and homosexual dogmatism
- ‘Awful’ rules in the Bible
- ‘Race mixing’ and animal hybrids—condemned by God?
- US Supreme Court legalizes same-sex marriage—now what? (with Lita Sanders)
Apologetics and Worldview
- The positive case for creation
- Christian critic calls young-earth creationism “laughable and dangerous”
- The Darwin Dictionary
- Freedom from debate deadlock
- Poor reasons to reject Christianity
- Wagging a finger at creationists
- Why should we think living things were created by God?
- Evangelicals needlessly cave on evolution — A review of How I Changed My Mind About Evolution, edited by Applegate and Stump
- Confident Christianity
- Nagging doubts
- Did the Sumerians and Illuminati invent the God of the Bible?
- Going overboard with Darwinian analogies
- Debunking Freud
- Darwinist professor David Barash gets ‘theological’ in the classroom
- Unsolved mysteries
- Professing Christians: ‘the Bible isn’t factual’
- Thoughts in the heart—proof of bogus science in the Bible?
- Does the Bible trump all evidence?
- Evolution: not just about biology
- National Geographic claims creationists are at war with science (with Lita Sanders)
- Clash over worldviews: an analysis of the Ham/Nye debate (with Lita Sanders and Scott Gillis)
- Handling aggressive atheists